so there I was, listening to Jäästä Syntynyt / Varjojen Virta by Moonsorrow (the song is 30:10) and at around 17 or so minutes, it just cuts to the next song. I go back to it, and put it manually past the 17 minute mark, and it works fine for a few seconds, then skips. The whole song is there, because I checked all the way to the 30 minute mark with the little search thing, but after a few seconds it just skips.

WTF. I mean, Black Rose Immortal by Opeth, which is slightly over 20 minutes, doesn't do this, why does the Moonsorrow song do it??

EDIT: and just after I posted this, Tuleen Ajettu Maa, another song by Moonsorrow, 26:19 in length, did the same thing WTF?!?!
Actually, as far as I'm aware iTunes has neither a gender or sexual orientation.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
where did you download the songs from?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Try some other media player. iTunes is notorious for creating an untold amount of crap within your music listening experience.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by dp2007
where did you download the songs from?

So we have one helpful post

Quote by Tom_hatton
iTunes is gay? Does it keep uploading Duran Duran or something?

one person with some originality

Quote by cubs
yep, its gay.

Quote by kyle100
Actually, as far as I'm aware iTunes has neither a gender or sexual orientation.

and two mindless, humourless, ignorant sheep

I'm proud of you, UG.

and in answer to the only real question, I torrented this, because Moonsorrow is impossible to find anywhere else, not to mention this one album
Try playing the mp3 with WMP or Quicktime or some other program and see if it does the same thing. If it does, there's a problem with the file. If not, try to put it into itunes again and see if it works that time. Also, if you have an iPod, put it on there and see if it still does it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by TurdFerguson

I'm proud of you, UG.

and in answer to the only real question, I torrented this, because Moonsorrow is impossible to find anywhere else, not to mention this one album

Its UG, you have to expect it really.
sometimes it does that to some of my music i download off limewire. i sorted it out by converting the tracks to aac. should work
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I would think that the file is corrupted or something.

thanks for the real response, and not pisstaking my poor chioce of wording in the title, as I know you are openly homosexual.
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
Don't listen to songs longer than quarter of an hour? Duh.

yeah, **** you pretty much.

That would exclude 3 songs by Moonsorrow, 3 songs by Dream Theatre, 2 Opeth songs, 2 Meshuggah songs, 2 Rush songs AND an Iced Earth song, and that's JUST from MY iTunes.
Quote by TurdFerguson
thanks for the real response, and not pisstaking my poor chioce of wording in the title, as I know you are openly homosexual.

That kind of joke would be too obvious for me.

If anything, I would have made fun of you for listening to 30 minute songs, but I opted out, since I have a few 20 minute songs in my itunes (which is also openly gay. We have wonderful cyber sex).
If you had said you had a problem with iTunes, and not "iTunes is gay" you would've got a better response. I mean seriously, you call it gay, then call other mindless and ignorant.
Quote by TurdFerguson
So we have one helpful post

one person with some originality

I'm proud of you, UG.

well calling a computer program 'gay' is pretty retarded in itself, seeing as gay is a gender oriented objective which can hardly apply to a program
I was wondering how a program can be gay....
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I was wondering how so many people can make the same tired joke a billion times.

We get it. He gets it. It shouldn't have been done. Move on folks.

thank you...

of course I get it, numbnuts-es. I just thought that you might be mature enough to not haul out the same, lame, tired-ass joke.
I Have The Answer

Seriously
All the music that I put on iTunes from my cd's and stuff work perfectly
But those cds that I put on my last computer and subsequently transferred onto my new iMac don't (some songs do, others don't) so I'm guessing that iTunes works better with CDs that are imported directly or songs that are purchased from the iTunes store

I haven't read all the posts so I might be missing something important that TS may have said afterward, but speaking from experience, this is true for me

So try importing the song if you have the CD or try converting it to AAC
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
But don't think I'm sticking up for you. It was dumb of you to do. Lesson learned? I'd say so.

no, thats fine. You just so happened to have made the right point, the point I was looking to make, so instead of writing it again, I quoted your oh-so convenient one.
I prefer using MediaMonkey, even for my iPod.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by TurdFerguson

And it's still damn fucking hard to get, took me a good week straight with a brand new computer and a fast internet connection to download their discography.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Quote by TurdFerguson
so there I was, listening to Jäästä Syntynyt / Varjojen Virta by Moonsorrow (the song is 30:10) and at around 17 or so minutes, it just cuts to the next song. I go back to it, and put it manually past the 17 minute mark, and it works fine for a few seconds, then skips. The whole song is there, because I checked all the way to the 30 minute mark with the little search thing, but after a few seconds it just skips.

WTF. I mean, Black Rose Immortal by Opeth, which is slightly over 20 minutes, doesn't do this, why does the Moonsorrow song do it??

EDIT: and just after I posted this, Tuleen Ajettu Maa, another song by Moonsorrow, 26:19 in length, did the same thing WTF?!?!

The same thing kept happening to me with Drudkh's Anti-Urban E.P., which I torrented. It stopped happening when I got a different torrent so just find another torrent of the album.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Converting them to .mp3 again will fix this. I had the same problem, and they worked fine afterwards.
Quote by Tom_hatton

I like duran duran
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Quote by Sheepdragon
Try some other media player. iTunes is notorious for creating an untold amount of crap within your music listening experience.

Wrong.

It's probably the file. I listen to plenty of 20+ min songs without that problem.
Looking for my India/Django.
@ TS: Hard to find? I found their whole discography in under 5 minutes. Quite easy to find actually. I'd give the website, but it may be counted as advertising.
Quote by Tom_hatton

That's your problem, TS.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
@ TS: Hard to find? I found their whole discography in under 5 minutes. Quite easy to find actually. I'd give the website, but it may be counted as advertising.

no, I meant its hard to find in...real. Like, cds and records. Of ****ing course i can find it in 2 seconds on torrent, and thats what i did.

Quote by redwing_suck
Wrong.

It's probably the file. I listen to plenty of 20+ min songs without that problem.

yer, I'd say you were right, but it's two seperate files, and they both do the same thing.
Last edited by TurdFerguson at Jul 4, 2008,
just jerk off!!!!
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!