Page 1 of 5
This is not overrated GUITARISTS, its overrated guitars.

What are guitars that everyone praises, but in your opinion are nothing special.

Please don't turn this into:

"I hate (guitar brand) they all suck"

Imo, i have played a few LTD's, not cheaper ones, like the Hetfield signature, a viper 400, and the les paul shaped one. They all felt very stale to me, like it was just a guitar. That is my opinion of course, and i can see why metalheads like them for there active emgs that come standard on many models, but i didnt see anything amazing in them.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Dare I say it, yes I will

Razorbacks.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Telecasters. Nice guitar and all, but I'd rather pick up a Strat any day.
PRS custom 22... I just don't really get it!

its so freaking pricey, but i found the tone a bit average. My flat mate had one, and i just couldn't understand what was worth that much money on it! That said, the build is amazing, but who cares when the tone was so... uninteresting
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on Razorbacks

Yeah, thats a perfect example of "paying for a name"

Quote by MaXiMuse
Ibanez, They look alright and sound good but just knobs and not info with it like Volume or tone, that pretty tricky when you have around 4 knobs and no one is obvious the volume knob.

XD

most ibanez have 2 knobs, and they are set up in the same configuration as many other guitar companies.
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
Dare I say it, yes I will

Razorbacks.

i must agree with him, people ussually just buy them because of their unusual looks and not the sound, im not saying they sound bad, its just your really limiting your sound with them.
Quote by mrwaffles
I sh*t every 7 minutes. I stand on my roof and let it fly into the neighbor's yard. I never wipe.
RG's.

I suppose I can see why some people like them, but I hate the things.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Quote by MaXiMuse
Ibanez, They look alright and sound good but just knobs and not info with it like Volume or tone, that pretty tricky when you have around 4 knobs and no one is obvious the volume knob.

You could switch the knobs, maybe?

@ t3hjames: Interesting... maybe he had a bad one, I have a 22 and it's absolutely amazing, every guitarist who's heard it or played it loved it, as do I... and the tone is very dynamic and responsive to differences in picking. I absolutely love the thing, I definately think it was worth it.
les pauls and sg's , i can't stand em...and anything with a strat body style, just me though
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
I gotta say PRS guitars overall. They're good, but not worth what they want you to pay for 'em.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Aziraphale
You could switch the knobs, maybe?

@ t3hjames: Interesting... maybe he had a bad one, I have a 22 and it's absolutely amazing, every guitarist who's heard it or played it loved it, as do I... and the tone is very dynamic and responsive to differences in picking. I absolutely love the thing, I definately think it was worth it.

For some reason I'm not a PRS fan, too. I know many people love them and Paul himself seems like a nice guy who knows what he's doing, yet I've never played one that felt great.

Their swamp ash model seemed perfect on paper, but I didn't like it when I actually had it in my hands...

I wouldn't say they're the most overrated guitars, though. I reckon that title is reserved for the Gibson Les Paul.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I am going to have to agree with those that said Gibson Les Paul. I don't think they are bad guitars in any way but they are way overated which has caused them to be pricey. My second pick would be PRS but again for the same reasons as the Gibson.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by Teh GIR
Please don't turn this into:

"I hate (guitar brand) they all suck"

Quote by strat0blaster
I gotta say PRS guitars overall. They're good, but not worth what they want you to pay for 'em.

*Facepalm*
Quote by operation ktulu
les pauls and sg's , i can't stand em...and anything with a strat body style, just me though

What is there left to play then.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
Quote by austinarcadium
What is there left to play then.

Teles, Explorers, Vs, hollows/semihollows, Firebirds, Jaguars, Mustangs...
epiphone les pauls
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
Peavey Wolfangs are probably the worst guitar that are in the 500$+ range that ive played of my life.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Low end Deans and Ibanez 6 strings.

For some reason the 7's (even the 7321) all are miles ahead of their 6 string models.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Low end Deans and Ibanez 6 strings.

For some reason the 7's (even the 7321) all are miles ahead of their 6 string models.

Low en deans ? overrated ?

FACEBOOK
Every ten year old "shredder" wants/has one. It's annoying, people want them for their (imo, ugly) looks.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Gibson, although they are quality instruments, they cost more than they're really worth feature-wise.

Ibanez, although they're also good instruments, everyone on UG creams their jeans at the slightest mention of one, and ignore everything else. I own a cheap Ibanez myself, but I've tried the high-end ones and didn't see what all the fuss is about.

But then again, my opinion is invalid.
Quote by TurdFerguson
*Facepalm*

It says "don't turn this into a "i hate these guitars - they all suck" thread", and I said "I think PRS is good, but not worth what you pay for them."

NOT that they all suck, NOT that I hate them all.

I was going to put one of those nifty little face palm emotes you used here, but then I realized I'm not a tool. So I'll say this instead

Think before you type OR speak, whichever the case may be.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Mike!
Most overrated guitar? Razorbacks.

I agree that they are ovverated. but bad ? no.

FACEBOOK
Razorbacks...
Ibanez JEM7V Steve Vai Signature Electric Guitar...
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Les Pauls. Strats. the Ibanez Jem
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I'd say that strats are overrated, but sometimes it seems as if everyone hates them. I guess they're either totally over or underrated. Consider the fact that about half of UG listens mainly to metal, and excludes anything with single coils for not being br00talz enough.
Quote by sashki
I'd say that strats are overrated, but sometimes it seems as if everyone hates them. I guess they're either totally over or underrated. Consider the fact that about half of UG listens mainly to metal, and excludes anything with single coils for not being br00talz enough.

Strats are the ****! They might not be good for virgins/heavy br00t3l players but musicians love them.
I don't understand the infatuation with Telecasters. And personally, I don't even like the way they look very much.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
I don't understand the infatuation with Telecasters. And personally, I don't even like the way they look very much.

No-one does. Telecasters and Firebirds are either loved or hated for their looks. Many say the Tele has a penis-shaped headstock, and the 'bird looks like an explorer with down's syndrome.

I personally think they're both pretty funky looking.
The Jem, yes its overrated.

But raise your hand if you wouldnt buy one if it was alot cheaper :P
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
RGs I don't like the thin neck or the feel on the body, doesn't seem to sit comfy on my body.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I personally hate the Ibanez RG series. The necks (imo) are the most uncomfortable necks I have ever played. I understand why most "shredders" like them, but I just think that the necks are too thin.
Quote by Teh GIR
The Jem, yes its overrated.

But raise your hand if you wouldnt buy one if it was alot cheaper :P

That could apply to any number of guitars though, I probably wouldn't buy a JEM anyway; I'm more of a PGM man
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Page 1 of 5