tried the accessories forum. didnt get any answers so im coming here.

im having a REALLY hard time getting a good power metal tone. im not trying to get a copy of someone elses tone, just a general power metal tone i can change and shape to my liking.

i have a B-52 AT100 amp and a schecter tempest custom. for any power metal guitarists out there, what kind of pedals do you use? im also looking to drop in some new pickups sooner or later. reccomendations? do i want high output, moderate output, or what?
Easy way to get a generic power metal tone - Have moderate amounts of gain, cut your mids, and boost treble kind of.

Try and make a unique tone for yourself, though.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Easy way to get a generic power metal tone - Have moderate amounts of gain, cut your mids, and boost treble kind of.

Try and make a unique tone for yourself, though.

yea. im trying to make a tone for myself but its just so damn frustrting when u cant even get something that sounds remotely power metal. and i have already boosted the bass and treble and cut back my mids.im also thinking about getting an EQ. that might help a lot.
Yes, get a 7 or 10 band EQ, as someone once said the secret weapon for metal tones.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
ill be getting a 10 band sonner or later. probably a MXR or some other brand. idk yet. than work on putting in some seymour duncans.
I would cut out some of the lows and have primary focus on the mids, with a little bit of highs added in.

I would start either with my suggestion or Slaytanic's, then adjust your EQ to your liking from there. I wouldn't suggest cutting your mids, since without them it'll be harder for you to cut through the mix.
alright. ill try cutting back the bass and boosting the mid and treble, than once i get my ten band ill screw around with it from there. reccomendations on a distortion pedal? i was thinking a digitech grunge or something more subtle like an ibanez tube screamer, and let the EQ take care of the rest.