Im going to the UK on a rugby tour in a few days, and i want to take a few tins of dipping tobacco. im 16 (underage in canada, not sure about the uk), and was wondering if they would confinscate it or if i would get in trouble for having it in my bag (not carry on). does anyone know how these laws work?
Call me Jack
You have to be 18 to buy but 16 to smoke it, don't quote me on that though.
Edit: Just read it properly, I doubt they'll confiscate it really.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
It's underage in England now too. Went up from 16 to 18 in October.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
yeah, its gone up, 18 to buy

no limit on when you can smoke, but the police might get involved if a 4 year old has a cigar or something
lol@u
Quote by Rankles
It's underage in England now too. Went up from 16 to 18 in October.

lol here in germany too ....whats happening to the world :P...and just recently I found out you couldn't drink beer in public here anymore if you're under 18...all of this doesn't affect me since I'm 19 but back when I was 16 I would just go into the store, show them my ID and walk out with a case of beer...

on topic...they wont confiscate it....best thing to do would be to put it in your luggage that you're not taking to your seat...When I flew to the US in April I have 2 lighters in my pockets and they didn't even take them away from me...usually they confiscate them in the US at the latest but this time I actually took them home again ^^
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
you should be able to put it in your bag i brought cigarettes into the bahamas with me from the states and im 17
dude i was just about to ask the same question, except for ciggerettes
I'm 15 and if I have both in my carry on will they check it?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
If you bring them in your checked bag (Not carry-on) then they shouldn't confiscate it. I bought 5 bottles of whiskey in Paris (On a school trip , im 16, but the guy selling didn't care) and I put it in my checked luggage, and It was still there when I got a hold of my bags in Italy. Of course, the U.S. might be a different story, but I did bring the empty bottles back to the US and they didn't take from my bags, but that might have been because they were empty by then. :P
Don't be so stupidly addicted to something that you can't deal with a f*cking plane flight without having it. It's pathetic and weak.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by srv_king
Im going to the UK on a rugby tour in a few days, and i want to take a few tins of dipping tobacco. im 16 (underage in canada, not sure about the uk), and was wondering if they would confinscate it or if i would get in trouble for having it in my bag (not carry on). does anyone know how these laws work?

Take as much with you as you can. They can't really check and take them away from you ...whatever the scenario.
Quote by strat0blaster
Don't be so stupidly addicted to something that you can't deal with a f*cking plane flight without having it. It's pathetic and weak.

Someone doesn't read threads.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I carried dip on the plane quite a few times when I was underage. I even had it in my carry-on a few times and no one said anything.

Honestly you could probably even do it on the plane if you felt the need. A flight attendant probably isn't going to ID you if she sees you doing it (it's very easy to hide).

I guess if you look like you're 12 it might raise alarm.
so you don't have to put it in the box or anything, it can just be in your carry on and they won't say anything?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
so you don't have to put it in the box or anything, it can just be in your carry on and they won't say anything?

That's what I always did.
lighter and everything?
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
lighter and everything?

I'm talking about dip/snuff/chew whatever you want to call it.

You don't need a lighter for it.... unless you're injecting it.
ah well what about ciggerettes?
Quote by barden1069
Quote by RealGuitarHero
ah well what about ciggerettes?

Last time I checked, you can't have a lighter in your carry-on or on your person.

You could probably look it up on your airlines homepage.
ahh
well i should probably go do that
Quote by barden1069