Spent some time writing more black metal riffing, decided it'd be nice to make my side projekt focused around the melodic side of Black metal.

Oh, and another short song. About 3 1/2 minutes...

Enjoy, again.
Attachments:
BM.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I liked this one a good bit better than some of your others I heard. It's actually pretty good and it flows well. It seems a bit too chromatic, as in sometimes you didn't find the note you were looking for or whatever, but that may just be me. The acoustic part came in pretty perfectly and the outro would sound sweet with some drums/keyboard behind it. Also, measure 29 is an eighth note too long. (Not nitpicking, just thought I would inform you)

Pretty good song.
Haha,

Evil riffs, which is perfect for black metal.

I liked the rhythm of the riffs, kind of a trade off between typical black metal tremolo picking and death metal rhythms. Well not exactly, but good either way.

I wish I could look at the riffs, but they don't make powertab for macs.

I liked the riff that led into the acoustic bit.

Personally, I think that it could be the best black metal song I have ever heard.

The outro sounded epic, I think it would sound great with a few synths, or strings. But I guess that might reduce the lo-fi black metalness of it.

10/10
Why, why thank you.

That's easily the best crit I've ever gotten.

1 cookie for Luke.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Another good crit, but Luke's crit is the first 10/10 I've gotten, and he basically gave me a standing ovation.

Inspired me to write more black metal .

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Why, why thank you.

That's easily the best crit I've ever gotten.

1 cookie for Luke.

you're welcome.

But it's all true, I have never been so impressed with a black metal song.

Especially one that's only midi.

Hearing it honestly put me in a good mood after the lashing my other song got.
Last edited by LucasGtrGod at Jul 9, 2008,
As in my above post, seeing that someone enjoyed it put a little bit of inspiration in me.

Nothing like appraise to keep the spirit alive, eh?

And, I thought your song was good...but, I like clunky transitions.

Quote by eggsandham2
Haha, I always felt it had my best transitions. oh well I will rework parts of it, but I personally like it, so I am only going to change the parts I was iffy with.

What did you think of the strings in the outro idea for your song?
I was thinking about it, but most of my other BM songs have keyboard ideas strewn in them.

I want this to be raw, unadulterated black metal. I might try it out just to see how the flow works. I don't know if I want to ruin that riff with a wrongly laced keyboard.

Quote by eggsandham2