hey
so GAS has caused me to fall in love with the dean v inferno http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-V-Inferno-Electric-Guitar?sku=515783&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=141538533
and i can only find it at musicians friend (above link) and some store on ebay since i don't much like the idea of buyin somin so $ from ebay i was wondering how musicians friend rep is and how they ship the gear and i was wondering if u guys could guess about how long the guitar would take to ship to NC and if they set up the guitars or if they leave u to do it once u get and if any one has an opinion on the guitar
thanx
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
MF is not bad, but you don't get to try the thing out before you buy it. I've returned 3 guitars for this reason.

It will come in about 5 business days.

The guitar's manufacturer sets it up at the factory. This is standard practice.

If you don't like it, they will only pay return shipping if there is something wrong with the guitar.

I didn't look at the guitar, sorry.
_______
|||||||||||||||
I haven't had any problems with MF or with the gear purchased (Epiphone Acoustic 12-string, acoustic case, Epiphone SG case) from them. As dannyisokay has already posted, the downside is you can't try them out and you are pretty much buying them sight unseen. However since you say you are in NC, if you are near Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro, or Raleigh, try going to Guitar Center. They will honor any price that MusiciansFriend advertises (I think they are both the same company....their websites are almost identical). That way you can at least try out the instrument prior to purchase and get the same deal.
are u just a suming that off the the fact the web site are alike or have u told the GC Dudes bout musicians friend and got MF price?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
hey
so GAS has caused me to fall in love with the dean v inferno http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-V-Inferno-Electric-Guitar?sku=515783&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=141538533
and i can only find it at musicians friend (above link) and some store on ebay since i don't much like the idea of buyin somin so $ from ebay i was wondering how musicians friend rep is and how they ship the gear and i was wondering if u guys could guess about how long the guitar would take to ship to NC and if they set up the guitars or if they leave u to do it once u get and if any one has an opinion on the guitar
thanx

You will not be disgusted. Those people are fanatical about packing stuff so it arrives in pristine condition, so you need not worry about your guitar arriving in pieces. I think they have a warehouse in Kansas City or thereabouts, but the main office is in Oregon.

::type
Quote by sandman-105
are u just a suming that off the the fact the web site are alike or have u told the GC Dudes bout musicians friend and got MF price?

you need to work on your english and grammer, it's just downright terrible.

GC and MF are virtually the same thing. you can find anything new from a GC store online at Musiciansfriend.com. i usually do this, normally the prices tend to be more expensive in the shops. this being said, i always try the gear out at the shop then order it online. i get a better deal that way.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Guitar center OWNS musicians friend.
thats why the sites are so similar.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Guitar center OWNS musicians friend.
thats why the sites are so similar.

I think it's more of a case of them both being owned by the same parent company, but yeah. Same basic concept.

MF is reputable, TS, but I hope your GAS allowed you to actually pick it up and play it. Play before you pay when it comes to your axes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Musicians friend is pretty good...
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by BaffAttack
I think it's more of a case of them both being owned by the same parent company, but yeah. Same basic concept.

MF is reputable, TS, but I hope your GAS allowed you to actually pick it up and play it. Play before you pay when it comes to your axes.

I think GC owned MF before GC got bought out.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i order a mex tele and the first one had a crack neck, so i return (fast exchange) i got a new one with minor paint crack and a chip on the back other than that i was great so i keep.

my mustang was from zzsounds was perfect no problems and well wrap

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by kool98769
I think GC owned MF before GC got bought out.

You may be right, but I also seem to remember Musicians Friend being around (in catalog form) before GC exploded in expansion. Maybe they were always together, or maybe when GC expanded they bought up MF to help distribution. Moot point now, really, with that new parent company buying out GC.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ele1122
Musiciansfriend has a bigger selection, I've noticed.

Yeah for instance, they sell ESP. It's kinda weird that they do, but GC doesn't.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ive never had any trouble from MF ordered a half stack from them and nothing was wrong with it. And it is odd that MF sells ESP's and GC doesnt that i dont get at all....
Quote by Detonation
Ive never had any trouble from MF ordered a half stack from them and nothing was wrong with it. And it is odd that MF sells ESP's and GC doesnt that i dont get at all....

I chat occasionally with the local GC's manager, if I remember I'll ask him about it, because it really doesn't make much sense.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
I chat occasionally with the local GC's manager, if I remember I'll ask him about it, because it really doesn't make much sense.

they dont sell a lot of things.
they dont sell maxons.
apparently they wont sell crates anymore now that they have the raven line of amps.
a lot of small annoying things.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I've made one sizeable order from MF, with mixed results:

My MIA Stratocaster arrived quickly, well-packed, and in perfect condition.

The Fender Vibrochamp amp I ordered with the Strat was another story though.

First, they put the amp on backorder just because a freebie cable that was supposed to go with it was not available. I called them to cancel the amp order, not wanting to wait 4 weeks for an amp I could get elsewhere, and they were like, "Oops, our bad, we do have the amp and we'll ship it without the cable." Ok, fine.

No, not fine.

It arrived a day after the guitar, poorly packed (single boxed), and the case was very badly cracked from corner to corner along one top edge. Needless to say, I returned it. MF was good about processing the return though, I'll give them that.

I replaced the cracked Fender amp with a Cube 30x, which I bought from a local music store.
I just bought from musicians friend last week. My item arrived in 3 days. They ship UPS. I bought a guitar a few years back I didnt like, but they didnt pay to send it back to them. I think it cost me about $30 to ship it back to them.

Like mentioned before, the bad thing about them is that you cant try out anything before you buy it unless you have a music store near by. My case was that my local shop had the guitar, but it was about $75 more than the Musicians Friend price, so I bought it through them. Plus, free shipping!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100