so ive seen like a million threads on dreams before, and ive searched for a thread like this, but im not finding anything.

has anyone ever dreamed a song that didnt exist? like something that youve never heard?

sometimes (like last night) ill dream a song that ive never heard before. like its a full song, with guitars/bass/drums/vocals and everything. and since ive never heard it, i can only assume that it doesnt exist, because really, how can someone dream a song that actually exists that theyve never heard?
i actually have, once i dreamed of a song that actually doesn't exist. it sounded like incubus though...
I've done it a few times thoguht it was real when I woke up...searched the lyrics on google .... there wasn't any matches....
You could have dreamt of a song your subconscious mind "picked up" whether you were walking past a tv or radio etc that your concious mind cannot recall.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
i have. i dreamt an entire new iron maiden song not long before their latest album was released. felt really strange when i woke up the next morning
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

This gives me an idea. What if you dreamed a song you've never heard, then played it IRL and recorded it and showed it to UG? Somebody would be bound to remember something you don't. I've written riffs like that, but I've never gotten a decent mixer/mic to record it with.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Eternal_One
You could have dreamt of a song your subconscious mind "picked up" whether you were walking past a tv or radio etc that your concious mind cannot recall.

ive thought about that as a possibility...

but wouldnt it be so cool if youre a famous musician one day and someones interviewing you and they ask "how did you come up with such an amazing song?" and you could just be like "it came to me in a dream"
I dreamt a song and Avril Lavigne stole it.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
This happened to me once, it was an awesome song playing in my head so needless to say that when I woke up and knew it didn't exist I was disappointed. It would be insane if there was a way to capture it.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
This is not the greatest song in the world,no...it's just a dream.
well, im always writing/improvising songs in my mind, mainly classical stuff, ill be walking around with an improvised waltz playing in my head, string quartet, horns, everything. i come up with some decent melodies that way

EDIT:
Quote by jetfuel495

but wouldnt it be so cool if youre a famous musician one day and someones interviewing you and they ask "how did you come up with such an amazing song?" and you could just be like "it came to me in a dream"

thats apparently how paul mccartney came up with the melody for yesterday
Last edited by cubs at Jul 3, 2008,
I had a (very sacreligious) dream in which Jesus, the angel Gabriel and Mohammed played a metal song with Dimebag Darrel. It was kickass! gabriel played drums, Jesus sang with death metal vocals, Mohammed on bass (I believe I was thinking
Mohammed->Necrophagist guy->technical basslines). DIme joined in too. The song was amazingly epic, and had this riff which I then wrote afterwards.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I dreamt the theme song to a cartoon that featured a girl that sailed across the sea in a kayak with her best friend who was an owl... Who could talk.

>_>
Not high!
<_<
Quote by jetfuel495

That's how Samuel Taylor Coleridge wrote his poem "Kubla Khan." It appeared to him, fully written in a dream. However, he wrote only a part of it and had to go to work. When he came back, he had forgotten all of the rest. So it's entirely possible to do this.
Quote by EdawMail
yeah!
i dreamt one last night...
it went like 'BLOODY SUNDAY!!!'
and iv NEVER heard it before...

sunday bloody sunday?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
I had a dream where i was sitting down with Eric Clapton, we were both playing acoustics, and he played slide. it sounded AMAZING.....too bad my slide playing fails miserably...and afterwards he told me i was free to use it for a song i was (and still) working on.
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
Quote by punk_guitarist
I had a dream where i was sitting down with Eric Clapton, we were both playing acoustics, and he played slide. it sounded AMAZING.....too bad my slide playing fails miserably...and afterwards he told me i was free to use it for a song i was (and still) working on.

thats pretty cool

unfortunately for me ive forgotten most of what ive dreamed, i only really remember how one song sounded, and i wrote that one down.

but the song i dreamed last night, i wont be able to write down because im in canada, and my guitar is thousands of miles away in houston....
Quote by jetfuel495

I'm pretty sure Satisfaction, or at least the riff, happened like that.
Quote by gabcd86
I'm pretty sure Satisfaction, or at least the riff, happened like that.

the riff to satisfaction was made up when keith richards was stoned off his ass, he barely even remembers recording it. so..i guess it kinda did come to him in a dream...he sure as hell wasn't coherent. but that's what makes keith so amazing. and can no longer be killed by conventional weapons
G-G-G D-E-C C chord
I've heard some of the music I've written in dreams, usually it's my better material.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I once dreamt I was playing Metallica's Master of Puppets on an acoustic grand piano in a small concert hall. I've also had melodies come to me in dreams, though I usually forget them before noon.
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
I had a (very sacreligious) dream in which Jesus, the angel Gabriel and Mohammed played a metal song with Dimebag Darrel. It was kickass! gabriel played drums, Jesus sang with death metal vocals, Mohammed on bass (I believe I was thinking
Mohammed->Necrophagist guy->technical basslines). DIme joined in too. The song was amazingly epic, and had this riff which I then wrote afterwards.

pictures of them all or it didn't happen
hello
Quote by BobMarleysGhost

Hey, what if dimebag is trying make music from the dead? He could be like, transmitting it to your head in your sleep. with these biblical characters as a backing band. Man, that would be awesome..............
oh yeah, and i dreamt that iron maiden did one song that was just little bits of the best songs ever. it started with greensleaves and ended with flight of icarus

epic
hello
i once dreamt of an entire dream theater concert, but the whole thing was played with full orchestra and i was flying above the stage, that was well before score had even been recorded. was awesome though! and the stage was epically big.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost

i like to picture jesus with like giant, eagle's wings...singin' lead vocals..for lynard skynard..with an angel band..
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
Quote by gatech54
i like to picture jesus with like giant, eagle's wings...singin' lead vocals..for lynard skynard..with an angel band..

are you quoting talladega nights?
I've lost so many damn melodies in my head.

The most annoying thing is having a song stuck in your head by an artist and no one else knows what song it is. I've had a tune stuck in my head for a good 8 years and no one else has ever heard it.
The only original music I can think plays in my dreams. But its infrequent, and I can rarely find the notes I'm looking for.

I must learn this.