Why are they so cheap? i really want a stratocaster but i want a good one and i dont have that much money. I just sold my $500 Les Paul to get a strat. so are these good for non beginners. Would it do well for gigs and stuff? basically is it a good idea to get this guitar or just save up for an american one or vintage?

edit: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-103630810-i1148847.gc
Last edited by Can't Stop at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by Can't Stop
Why are they so cheap? i really want a stratocaster but i want a good one and i dont have that much money. I just sold my $500 Les Paul to get a strat. so are these good for non beginners. Would it do well for gigs and stuff? basically is it a good idea to get this guitar or just save up for an american one or vintage?

They're great guitars. There are pros that play with them as well. They're cheaper than the MIAs because they're made in Mexico, have some different parts (pickups etc) but they still hold their own.
Quote by Can't Stop
so some new pick ups and they'd be pretty good? which pick-ups would be good to buy?

They stock ones aren't horrible. I like mine.

I'd say use them until you don't like them anymore. Then consider a different amp, depending on what you have.
Quote by Can't Stop
i plan on getting a fender blues jr. i heard that was good.

Okay. Well, I'd get used to it before I changed out any pickups.
I say amp first also... but as it looks you like RHCP, and Hendrix... Maybe a little RATM?... So I would say some Texas Specials and a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge... Expensive but you will have great blues tone from middle and neck and some decent crunch from the bridge...
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
I have one, been using it exclusively for 'bout 4 years now. If this is going to be your first strat, def an awesome buy. You can always upgrade it later on. I was going to mod mine, but I figured I'd just get a body and a neck and have a whole new guitar. Anyway, i've never had any problems with it though I don't use the trem.
I don't know much about the mims but you should test out an HSS (humbucker, single, single) Strat before you pull the trigger.
Quote by thale84
I say amp first also... but as it looks you like RHCP, and Hendrix... Maybe a little RATM?... So I would say some Texas Specials and a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge... Expensive but you will have great blues tone from middle and neck and some decent crunch from the bridge...

thanks ill look into those.

i just found this. would it be better than the MIM standard?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Player--60s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-103862330-i1166328.gc
Quote by Can't Stop

Yes, they are... they are american made... meaning everything else is the same but better stock electronics...

^^HSS's are very versatile you can look into those also... but from the SSS stand point Classic Player's are very good bang for your buck...
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
the mim are a great platform to build on............hard to go wrong with one.
Quote by thale84
Yes, they are... they are american made... meaning everything else is the same but better stock electronics...

^^HSS's are very versatile you can look into those also... but from the SSS stand point Classic Player's are very good bang for your buck...

i think i may just get the MIM standard and buy those pick ups you told me about. i just looked them up and they look great. thanks
Get a 50s Player Strat if you like the neck, they are awesome.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95