Got a real good offer on an Ibanez rg1527(far below half price) BUT-

-I hate the colour

-I don't use trems (I could learn perhaps?)

-Stock pups blow hard.

I'm thinking about buying it, sanding it down, putting some blaze7's in, and maybe blocking the trem or something.

So, worth it yes/no?
Also, i don't know fiddlestick about trems, is the edge pro 7 any good?

Thanks in advance
I have this guitar

It is awesome
Have you seen the colour in person? i viewed pics online and didnt like it so much but once i actually saw it i thought it was gorgeous

The trem is brilliant, but dont expect to be changing tunings much

You could swap the pups, but im happy with mine

I would go fir it if you can get it cheaper
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
As long as it keeps my tuning, I'll be a happy kid. I don't change tunings at all

Still gonna sand it though, I've had the GAS for a natural-finish guitar for as long as I can remember
Quote by Våd Hamster
As long as it keeps my tuning, I'll be a happy kid. I don't change tunings at all

Still gonna sand it though, I've had the GAS for a natural-finish guitar for as long as I can remember

It has kept tuning for me very well, i dont change tunings either so on that front its great.

Hmm you know the body is basswood right? Basswood isnt renowned for natural sexiness
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Because they're good guitars with a decent price tag .

The 7621 looks nice though.

Exactly, and since it's the same wood as the 1527, it should be the same thing just with a trem right?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Got a real good offer on an Ibanez rg1527(far below half price) BUT-

-I hate the colour

-I don't use trems (I could learn perhaps?)

-Stock pups blow hard.

I'm thinking about buying it, sanding it down, putting some blaze7's in, and maybe blocking the trem or something.

So, worth it yes/no?
Also, i don't know fiddlestick about trems, is the edge pro 7 any good?

Thanks in advance

- If you can get it at way below half price, you could potentially sell it for more and make a profit! Sanding down is a good idea, although you may have to apply something afterwards like some form of coat. I'm unsure since I'm no guitar modding master!

- If you don't use change tunings, why not just try out the trem for a bit then? I use mine regularly and it's not bad at all, it adds many new noises for you to experiment with!

- Stock pups do suck, bear with them until you get some sexy new pickups in!
Quote by Mwoit
- If you can get it at way below half price, you could potentially sell it for more and make a profit! Sanding down is a good idea, although you may have to apply something afterwards like some form of coat. I'm unsure since I'm no guitar modding master!

- If you don't use change tunings, why not just try out the trem for a bit then? I use mine regularly and it's not bad at all, it adds many new noises for you to experiment with!

- Stock pups do suck, bear with them until you get some sexy new pickups in!

It's used, so I don't think I can make a profit. Either way, I need a backup 7

And yeah I'll probably fire some oil at it and lacquer it afterwards...

Buying this will pretty much be an experiment, I'm usually not keen on Ibby's, I'm kinda hoping this baby will change my mind
At the end of the day its just a colour, I mean hows it going to affect how the guitar plays? But if you care that much refinish it.

and yeah change the pups

But definatly go for it if its that cheap and in good nick.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If I like how it looks, I'm more inclined to play it Besides, I've got all the tools to do it myself, so why not?