okay, so ive been planning to build myself a guitar for a year now, and i was absolutly set to do it for $250 plus or minus a few bucks. Five minutes ago i got the musicians friend catalog and see the all tube fender vibro champ XD for $250. Ive been wanting a tube amp forever to. WHAT DO I DO?????

thanks in advance to anyone who manages to read through that rant

EDIT: actually, screw the vibro champ. how bout the super champ for $300
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Jul 3, 2008,
250 isn't much to build a guitar with, get the amp if you have a decent guitar
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
id go with the amp....

you already have a guitar, so why not get the amp, and the work on the guitar another day, being as building your own is a b!tc#
^^^i consider a gibson decent

EDIT: i know ive got a gibson, but im addicted to builds, otherwise i wouldnt ask...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Amp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
get the amp.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
not that im ignoring everyone else, but mintsauce does bring up a good point. my original plan was to get the amp for christmas anyway (hey it worked for the gibson!) im still not 100% sure, so more opinions are welcome...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
not that im ignoring everyone else, but mintsauce does bring up a good point. my original plan was to get the amp for christmas anyway (hey it worked for the gibson!) im still not 100% sure, so more opinions are welcome...

You're welcome to mine and LP's opinions again

Quote by -MintSauce-
Guitar build!

You can save up for and buy an amp ANYTIME, but guitar building is kind of a pain during the winter.

BUILD.

It's infinitely more fun, and better to do whilst you've got the summer, and you're feeling the building buzz.
^especially if youve been planning a build for a year.....
and building in the winter A) sucks B) isnt an option for me cause i work outdoors

so...if i build, i actually get BOTH quicker....wow..that turned out really nicely..
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
BUT..if you don't have a nice amp to play them through, what's the point? I don't know how good a micro cube is, but if you don't have tube, you won't be wowed when your guitar doesn't sound absolutely amazing through a solid state.

so yes, although i would have loved to build one too, i chose a tube amp for the time being because the guitars i have sound very good through it. You may not find a great deal like that soon again. You never know..

but make your own choice, and good luck on the build!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Building would be nice, but 250 isn't enough to build a decent guitar, that'll cover the pickups and bodywood
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
lumber yards and a friend who doesnt kno the value of hardware off an old guitar

EDIT: micro cube is a fairly good amp, dont get me wrong, i just like tube amp tone better (and i dont know anyone who doesnt)
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Jul 3, 2008,