Page 1 of 2
I just took a shower today, and I have really long(halfway dong my back) hair. It is thick and curly. Well, I never comb it. But today I decided to comb it. Once I was done, I was running my hands through my hair, and strands upon strands of my hair were on my fingers. I am talking large amounts of strands here. By the time I was done running my hand through my hair, there was probably a good 75 strands or so of hair in the sink. My mom says its because my hair isn't healthy. I haven't cut or trimmed my hair for about 20 months. Could this be the reason?
Be cool.
You loose something like 100 hairs a day

long hair falls out easier

you have nothing to worry about.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It's because the detached hair has been in there for so long, and you've never combed it to get it all out.
Just get a hair cut and keep better care of it. If you have long hair at an early age, you will be more likely to go bald latter in life. Just ask my uncle....
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
yea it's probably because u haven't combed it in awhile. Plus, during summer you "shed" hair almost like a dog, so it's probably accumulated over the past month and brushing it made it all come out
Quote by Iron_Dude
Just get a hair cut and keep better care of it. If you have long hair at an early age, you will be more likely to go bald latter in life. Just ask my uncle....

I don't think that is true. My uncle had very very long hair from his early twenties up until his late thirties. He is almost in his mid 50's and has a full head of hair.
Be cool.
don't go that long w/o hair cuts, you don't haveto get a lot cut off, just get it trimmed every few months
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
I've already experienced that... It's quite depressing, each time I would wash my hair, the would be quite alot coming out..

It could be a number of factors, poor hair condition, stress (as I am under quite an amount of it) and ofcourse, balding.

I've recently got it cut quite short, and although there's still ahir falling out, it's not as much as when it was long...
Baldness is a ****ing mystery, tbh. It's apparently genetics but my grandad had a full head of hair while my dad's fell out, and so did my uncles. I have really thick hair so I hope I don't go bald :]
Loasing a lot of hasir when combing it is normal, happens to me (Although my Dad did start going bald at 19...), but if you are going bald nothing can stop it... unless you want to pay ridiculus prices for treatment.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Absent Mind
You loose something like 100 hairs a day

long hair falls out easier

you have nothing to worry about.

this.
I never comb my hair and it used to fall out a lot if I would comb it or run my fingers thru it, not so much anymore for some reason though. It shouldnt be anything to worry about man ^^
I breathe air.
Quote by CrazyDavey
Baldness is a ****ing mystery, tbh. It's apparently genetics but my grandad had a full head of hair while my dad's fell out, and so did my uncles. I have really thick hair so I hope I don't go bald :]

Then your father's father and your father's mother had the baldness gene. It probably wasn't dominant in them, that is why your grandfather didn't go bald. It all makes sense, but its been quite a while since I learned genetics in school.
Be cool.
i know i am losing my hair i counted 105 hairs yesterday... running avg of around 108 a day. up about 5% from last year.
Quote by Iron_Dude

this is true (my mum worked in a hair restoration clinic), also canadians are largely from scottish ancestry and here in Scotland there is like 1 in 4 guys bald or balding. its weird but in med countries or even England and the USA you dont get it as much. i think it is because we are so alpha male high testosterone going back to the Celt ancestry. Her clinic used to use seawater as well i think the minerals are very good-surfers often have good heads of hair late on into life

Keep it short dont use gels, dont wear hats, use organic shampoos and change them frequently, try not to get stressed, massage your hair and head, try to lean your head over getting blood to the head. You can also use Rogain and UV brushes they do work at baldness prevention.
Last edited by tuwyci at Jul 3, 2008,
I am balding as well, don't worry it happens to a lot of us brother. It is something to be proud of, it is a sign of wisdom and age.
Quote by rock_and_blues
I am balding as well, don't worry it happens to a lot of us brother. It is something to be proud of, it is a sign of wisdom and age.

yeah a lot of woman love bald men. depends whether your an ugly son of a bitch in the first place
Quote by CrazyDavey

I heard that if your mother's father is bald then you're likely to go bald too. I don't understand it, but I've seen proof before.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Okay, I should have been a little more clear. If you have long, thin hair, you will be more likely to go bald.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Im also losing massive amounts of hair.
Its summer so some days i just dont feel like going out and stay 1-2-3 days at home, when i go out, i wash my hair (obviously) and dam...
Plus, my father was bald, almost all my uncles are bald (except for the one on my others side, he has long hair and he's 40 xD), even my mom is getting somewhat bald (just lots of hair falling and going white on the roots).
I think im effed.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by the fendernator
There are lots of bald stupid men about. I lose quite a lot of hair each day and mine's quite long... can tuck into my collar. Baldness has nothing to do with wisdom... unless you're bald and wise

youve obviously never seen Withnail and I!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtJmp7C7MI
Quote by ViperScale
i know i am losing my hair i counted 105 hairs yesterday... running avg of around 108 a day. up about 5% from last year.

you count the hairs you lose every day? wow... dedicated.
What if one (or a few) falls out and you don't find it? Or can you just assume that you count on average the same percentage of hairs you find each day.
Baldness is (supposedly) a sex linked trait. Sex linked traits are linked to the X chromosome. Since you're a man you have a Y chromosome which could only have come from your father so he (should) have no effect on your hair loss. Whatever is linked to the X chromosome, given to you by your mother, determines whether you're bald or not.

I don't think there's solid proof for that but it is a commonly accepted theory.

If you think you're going bald then look at the hair line. It's natural to lose hair, especially if it's long, but if you notice that you hairline is moving back you're going bald.
Quote by the fendernator
There are lots of bald stupid men about. I lose quite a lot of hair each day and mine's quite long... can tuck into my collar. Baldness has nothing to do with wisdom... unless you're bald and wise

Ok it is a symbol of age. With age comes experience. Through experience there is wisdom.
Quote by Iron_Dude
Okay, I should have been a little more clear. If you have long, thin hair, you will be more likely to go bald.

the thickness is irrelevant the strain of pull on the hair and scalp is the problem. a lot of hair loss can happen in teenage years its just unnoticable because its so gradual.
Probably because you didnt take good care of it. I didnt cut my hair for 4 years and I took care of it and that didnt happen to me. So just take good care of it man. Meaning brush it a few times everyday and shower everyday.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Probably because you didnt take good care of it. I didnt cut my hair for 4 years and I took care of it and that didnt happen to me. (yeah i lost some hair but not that much.) So just take good care of it man. Meaning brush it a few times everyday and shower everyday
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
You think you lose more when you have longer hair but its just because since they're long, they just stay on your head instead of falling. With shorter hair they just fall off unnoticed.

Balding has to do with the amount of testosterone in your blood, which comes from genes. The more you have, the more you'll lose hair. Explains why women don't go bald naturally.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Long hair is very prone to falling out, especially if you don't take good care of it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Do you blow-dry it? I remember I used to, because I had to speed things up before I got to school. I eventually left it, and it dried on the way there.

When I used a hairdryer, huge tufts of hair used to fall out every day, and I was getting really worried. I would say, just a rough guess, about 40-70 hairs a day. WHen I stopped, that number went down to about 10-30, and now it's about 5 or 6. When I'm combing it that is. I do notice some of my hair falls out at other points in the day (obviously, happens to everyone). Maybe a couple of strands an hour. But before it was just spilling out.

Also, as someone mentioned before, take good care of it.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Hopefully by the time we start going bald those damn crazy scientists will have figured out a way to treat it.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
20 months wtf im goinhg crazy after 4 getting my haircut in a week but holy crap
Quote by Green_Jelly

Quote by gnomieowns
damn. can't you get your girlfrie...
nevermind.
Right now you're offending at least 75% of the Pit.

jackson warrior on the way in $400
Quote by HelloHalo
Do you blow-dry it? I remember I used to, because I had to speed things up before I got to school. I eventually left it, and it dried on the way there.

When I used a hairdryer, huge tufts of hair used to fall out every day, and I was getting really worried. I would say, just a rough guess, about 40-70 hairs a day. WHen I stopped, that number went down to about 10-30, and now it's about 5 or 6. When I'm combing it that is. I do notice some of my hair falls out at other points in the day (obviously, happens to everyone). Maybe a couple of strands an hour. But before it was just spilling out.

Also, as someone mentioned before, take good care of it.

blowdrying and natural drying arent the problem (assuming you dont burn your hair) its the condition the hair is in when it dries. If you use hair conditioner and anything else too keep it moisturised it wont become weak at the point of drying. so you need to take better care of your own hair lol
After all the things I've read in this thread, I'm quite assured that my hair loss shall be at a minimum Lucky me, if it's actually true.
Does anyone here know if those treatments work at all?

My cousin (It might be second cousin actually) Says two of his friends swear it got all their hair back.

Just curious.
Quote by Final !mpact
Does anyone here know if those treatments work at all?

My cousin (It might be second cousin actually) Says two of his friends swear it got all their hair back.

Just curious.

no good for getting hair back if its gone but it can help regrowth and prevent hairloss.
Page 1 of 2