I was playin COD4 on Xbox 360. Somebody calls. I get up to get the phone and trip over the cord which knocks over the 360 with the $60 game running in it and scratches the game.

I get a big perfect circle scratch on the game.

But that's not the problem.

It worked fine, but it wouldn't load a certain map.

I procede to try the toothpaste trick.

Idk what happened, maybe it was cause I used kleenex to buff it, but now there are MORE scratches and it can no longer play.

I'm borrowing the game from a friend and I am pretty distraught right now and don't have the money to buy a new one.

Only serious answers please.

HELP!!!
Quote by halfback_712
I was playin COD4 on Xbox 360. Somebody calls. I get up to get the phone and trip over the cord which knocks over the 360 with the $60 game running in it and scratches the game.

I get a big perfect circle scratch on the game.

But that's not the problem.

It worked fine, but it wouldn't load a certain map.

I procede to try the toothpaste trick.

Idk what happened, maybe it was cause I used kleenex to buff it, but now there are MORE scratches and it can no longer play.

I'm borrowing the game from a friend and I am pretty distraught right now and don't have the money to buy a new one.

Only serious answers please.

HELP!!!

toothpaste probably had grit in it and scratched it worst.
Take it to a shop where they sell games and cds and such, they should have a scratch repair machine
It leaves a scar on the back of the disk though, like if you have an operation, just not as cool
i use lynx. or any deoderant really. spray on, leave for a while, wipe off with the softest cloth you can find. works for me! if not, most computer shops repair disc scratches
Last edited by mikerev at Jul 3, 2008,
If you bought it recently, take it back to the store and tell them it didn't work when you got it, duh. If not, dude with the scratch fixing machine idea is right.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by The Raven
Put it in the microwave for 30 secs.

haha

Truly epic if he does this.

But they make things for this kind of ordeal so you can just run to a electronics store and find one.
go to blockbuster...rent it....switch them....take it back to blockbuster the same day saying it was messed up.....i work there....it works
That's not a scratch, it's a laser burn, tough break.

But I think Microsoft replace laser burnt games, I'm not sure, my Halo copy got laser burn, but I bought a new one, couldn't be assed sending it of etc.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Same exact thing happened to my GTA:IV.
GS people said you can't fix it with normal stuff.
Sorry.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by KeNnYVaNhAlEn89
go to blockbuster...rent it....switch them....take it back to blockbuster the same day saying it was messed up.....i work there....it works

Doooooooooooooo this.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG
Doooooooooooooo this.

And spend time in jail?

Good call.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by KeNnYVaNhAlEn89

i work there too. this will work

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by Kiffa
And spend time in jail?

Good call.

Are you serioose?
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG
Are you serioose?

Lol, no I wasn't, I was tired and stuff, sorry.

That happened to like 4 GOW discs of mine. I just took them to gamestop and they bought it from me. They still buy damaged games, but at a lower rate. Then i bought a used copy of GOW from them.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD