So today I started getting this little box popping up everytime before Firefox starts that says "Trying to Load Non-Local URI". And yes, I'm sure it doesn't say "URL", unless there's a lower-case "L" in there just to confuse me. Anybody know what this means? I've been using Firefox for what seems like years and this just started happening today.
Ewww opera.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Opera is alright but I prefer Firefox.

Maybe you opened some funky page does this happen when you just open a brand new window?
Quote by MrGuitar123

Maybe you opened some funky page does this happen when you just open a brand new window?

yeah. its just a box that i have to click "OK" in and then everything works fine. i just wanna know if anyone knows that it means haha
Basically, accessing a non local URL means you are trying to go to a website (eg, URL for here is www.ultimate-guitar.com), that is not on your PC / Network.

When you boil it down, it's basically saying, "Oi! Mate! You're browsing the interwebz!"
Quote by freedoms_stain
It means you need Opera.

Every single ****ing thread about FireFox, you come in and bitch about it, and tell everyone how much better Opera is. Shut the **** up and let him use what he wants. It doesn't contribute to the thread.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Quote by Funkychicken313
Every single ****ing thread about FireFox, you come in and bitch about it, and tell everyone how much better Opera is. Shut the **** up and let him use what he wants. It doesn't contribute to the thread.
If he had an IE problem what would every single person who visited the thread say?

I rest my case.
Quote by freedoms_stain
If he had an IE problem what would every single person who visited the thread say?

I rest my case.

in his defense, coming in and saying that makes you sound like a mac user.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
in his defense, coming in and saying that makes you sound like a mac user.
Not quite, I have more than 3 words to elocute my ideas and meaning.
Quote by freedoms_stain
It means you need Opera.

"it means you need .." is a lighter way of saying "get .."

like, "get a mac" would be same as "it means you need a mac"
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
"it means you need .." is a lighter way of saying "get .."

like, "get a mac" would be same as "it means you need a mac"
I count more than 3 words