Page 1 of 2
thinking about a jackson rr24 but not sure if i want a v style guitar...i want to get rid of my hellraiser for mainly due to not wanting two strat style guitars....so how are V's...i know they are a little harder to play sitting but ill overcome that...how are they standing?....
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
They are very comfortable to play standing. They are normally fairly light and they don't have any points jabbing into your ribs.
Like you said they suck when sitting down, but just like any guitar while standing.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
i have a KKV, as said its not as good sitting and playing, i have to put the V between my legs and tilt it at an upward angle, sort of like how i play classical guitar :/

but if you plan to play standing its quite comfortable, and V's are usually light on weight so it doesnt kill you when you play gigs and such ^^
I breathe air.
Quote by DashBlaster
You get used to it. Just get a good leather strap.

And get an RR5FR, much better than the RR24.

kinda ugly...two pickups i dont need...and passives...not what im looking for...
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
what about the actual guitar?...anyone have any experience with it?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
kinda ugly...two pickups i dont need...and passives...not what im looking for...

Ok fair enough.

And once you get into the Pro Jackson Series you don't need to worry. I've heard nothing but good things. Even my X series is way better than any
Ibanez I've played in that price range.
only thing ive noticed is that jackson strings are a little further apart than normal...which is good and bad...my schecter strings are close, my esp is a little further apart and the jackson will be even further...wondering how this will work out
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by DashBlaster
Ok fair enough.

And once you get into the Pro Jackson Series you don't need to worry. I've heard nothing but good things. Even my X series is way better than any
Ibanez I've played in that price range.

Yeah, All the Jacksons I've played absolutely blow away any Ibanez in the same price range. And I agree about the Pro Series. I've played a bunch of pro series and I've never really found anything wrong with them. I used to own a KE3 and an RR5 and they were absolutely amazing.
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
Yeah, All the Jacksons I've played absolutely blow away any Ibanez in the same price range. And I agree about the Pro Series. I've played a bunch of pro series and I've never really found anything wrong with them. I used to own a KE3 and an RR5 and they were absolutely amazing.

so why is that a used to and now a still do own?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
The KE3 didn't fit my body properly when I played standing up and I had the RR5 on approval to see if I liked it or not, but I ordered an RR5FR instead since I prefer a trem.
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
The KE3 didn't fit my body properly when I played standing up and I had the RR5 on approval to see if I liked it or not, but I ordered an RR5FR instead since I prefer a trem.

so u do own a rhoads?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I own a KVX10, and I love it to death. Most comfortable neck I have ever played.
how does it compare to the ltd alexi 600 and the hellraiser v?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
how does it compare to the ltd alexi 600 and the hellraiser v?

The RR24 has SO much better quality and is easier to play.
then i guess its settled...now which color
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
O man i love V's. Once u get use to sitting down with them it doesnt bother ya at all. And they give sooo much more better access to the higher frets. The only thing i would have to say about the Jackson Rhoads is that they are Top heavy as in the on the headstock side it is heavier than the actual body so it wants to fall down whenever u let go off it
V's are great. they're not too hard to play sitting, just hold it with your right leg in between the wings and you're good to go.

the Alexi-600 isn't quite like an RR if that's what you're wanting. plus it has a passive EMG (or Duncan Blackout in the new ones) as opposed to the EMG 81 in the RR24. the Hellraiser V looks ugly i think. the bottom wing is longer than the top wing, wtf?
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Quote by metallicafan180
V's are great. they're not too hard to play sitting, just hold it with your right leg in between the wings and you're good to go.

the Alexi-600 isn't quite like an RR if that's what you're wanting. plus it has a passive EMG (or Duncan Blackout in the new ones) as opposed to the EMG 81 in the RR24. the Hellraiser V looks ugly i think. the bottom wing is longer than the top wing, wtf?

THANKYOU.

And I'm still tossing the RR24 around, please be sure to review it also I vote white, because that's the color I'd get it in
Quote by twinturboaudi
then i guess its settled...now which color

Doesn't matter. You're going to end up with a super sexy guitar anyway... Just go with what seems good to you.
yes...but what if i like all three colors
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by metallicafan180

clayman is one of my favorite albums...am im a huge blackout fan...will def be replacing the 81 with a blackout
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Hmm i dont think i could pick from the LTD Alexi 600 or the RR24 haha

But wat do u guys think about the new jackson they got out the Demmelition King V or however its spelled?
i like the RR24 still
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
lol the only difference between mexican and american strats are that mexican strats are made by mexicans in mexico, and american strats are made by mexicans in america...
i think its goin to be white.....white is the new black
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
The Demmelition is awesome. The RR24 looks good in either white/black bevels and black/red bevels to me. Compared to the Alexi-600 and Hellraiser, I'd have to go with the Jackson. I don't fancy ESP very much and the Hellraiser V looks odd to me. Rhoads is the way to go.
and it will take the place of my hellraiser on my wall
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
wow that's a bit of a stupid idea to get rid of a guitar. the v shaped guitars are the ****, but at times i do want to play in the regular way so i either go to my piece of **** yamaha or my dean ml.
I'd rather have the Hellraiser than the RR24.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by edusty2010
Ok, but it's his guitar and not yours, so why would he care?

I think what he meant was that you shouldn't just get rid of a guitar because you're getting a new one. You may get rid of it thinking your new one will take its place when in fact your old one may play just as well or better as your new one.
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
I think what he meant was that you shouldn't just get rid of a guitar because you're getting a new one. You may get rid of it thinking your new one will take its place when in fact your old one may play just as well or better as your new one.

True, but if there's something you really don't like about the guitar (more than cosmetics) then why keep it? Sell it to fund the new gear. If we never got rid of any guitars we'd all end up with like tons eventually... Which would be pointless, because the way I see it once you get past probably 5 guitars unless you're a pro you're NOT going to play all of them (well you may... But I doubt it) they're going to start becoming wallflowers, sitting on stands or hanging there just collecting dust.

Out with the old and in with the new right?
Page 1 of 2