Hi, i have a line 6 valve bogner 1x12 combo amp.

Its tube and i bought it used and just today the speaker began giving a very minor crackle however when i put the amp on standby the crackle goes away. Is it supposed to be like that or is it time to change the tubes or maybe the speaker failed?

Any help?
could be a couple of things. could be a dodgy speaker cable or your valves could be due a change. they start to become microphonic and pick up lots of unwanted sounds. normally the signs of dying valves, but again could be loose connection in speaker cable, i think its probs your valves.
Quote by scott316
could be a couple of things. could be a dodgy speaker cable or your valves could be due a change. they start to become microphonic and pick up lots of unwanted sounds. normally the signs of dying valves, but again could be loose connection in speaker cable, i think its probs your valves.

so i gotta change the tubes? Do you know approx how long the tubes last?
before you spend any money on new tubes, I'd reccomend taking it to A LOCAL STORE, not GC, they dont know ****. Just say, hey my amps making a weird crackle, can you try it out and fix it? and they'll give you a quote right there and call you when they're done...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

depends how much you play, but a tube change should last around 8 months or so, maybe longer but maybe shorter, all depends on usage and how hard the tubes are driven.

if buying a used valve amp its a good idea to find out when the last valve change was or if they have ever been re-valved.

if it was me and there was no way of finding out, i would change all the valves over to new ones., then you know there should be no issues.

as its a Line 6 amp though, you never know, it could be something wrong with the unit, but it sounds more than likely to be dying tubes.
<Insert Vin Diesel Voice> NOS </Vin Diesel Voice> tubes last longer though right?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
well i purchased the amp 4 months ago, and the guy had the amp for about 4 months before me. I never had this crackle before and the tubes were never re valved (he never changed them).

I play about 5 hours per day, dunno about him.

But the weird noises sounds like dieing tubes, or it can be something else?
Quote by ECwomantoneman
It is quite possibly the speaker, or speaker connection, or a faulty cable.

My 4x12 was doing a similar thing. I had to take it back to the shop for repairs

guess im not the only one with my amp in shop for repair