Well and i am building a cab with 2 12s and one 15 inch speaker from Eminence. and i was wondering how to wired and speakers up. The head is 8 or 16 ohm selectible.

What would be the better ohm to run and how would i wire the speakers up to that ohm?

The 12s are 8ohm. The 15 is 8 ohms

thanks in advance

Mike
ohms depends on the amp your using it should say on the back of it what type of cab to use
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Well if all the speakers are 8 ohms run the head at 8 ohms

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If you are using 3 8 ohm speakers you aren't going to be able to wire them up for 8 ohms (Well maybe if you add extra electronics to the cab).

If one of them, say the 15 inch, was 16 ohms you would be fine (wire the 2 8's in series then wire that in parallel with the 16 ohm for 8 ohms).
Go here for various speaker wiring diagrams:
http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/loadingyourspeakers/index.asp

Click on the "Speaker Wiring Diagram" link

Ohms wired in series double the ohm rating, wired in parallel, halve the ohm rating.
Quote by CodeMonk
If you are using 3 8 ohm speakers you aren't going to be able to wire them up for 8 ohms (Well maybe if you add extra electronics to the cab).

If one of them, say the 15 inch, was 16 ohms you would be fine (wire the 2 8's in series then wire that in parallel with the 16 ohm for 8 ohms).
Go here for various speaker wiring diagrams:
http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/loadingyourspeakers/index.asp

Click on the "Speaker Wiring Diagram" link

Ohms wired in series double the ohm rating, wired in parallel, halve the ohm rating.

When working with multiple speakers of the same ohmage, then yes. Not with different ohmages.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Last edited by asfastasdark at Jul 3, 2008,
Quote by asfastasdark
When working with multiple speakers of the same ohmage, then yes. Not with different ohmages.

As in my example. Guess I should have specified that.
"If you are using 3 8 ohm speakers you aren't going to be able to wire them up for 8 ohms (Well maybe if you add extra electronics to the cab)."

And check the link on speaker wiring.
That's because three speaker wiring is tough to pull off well. It usually doesn't sound as good as pairs or sets of four.
well i pplay in b standard in the little band i am in thought the 15 would give more low end, so how much will it differ with 2 12s instead?
I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. But bi-amping might be a better idea than trying to wire them all to one amp. But I'm way too lazy to haul around a 15" even if there is a good way to wire it.