That can play EVERYTHING: Fender SuperChamp XD... if you are lucky (It's chinese made, so QA is a problem)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by Highwaytohell
Well, what is the loudness requirement, Gig level or bedroom level?

gig level but just small gigs, nothing over 1,000 people tops, but it would be nice if i could play it in my house too
you people are from a different world. "small gigs i mean nothing over 1000 people" 1000 people would be huge here. lol small town sucks. I wish I lived where it happens like that.
You would have to go solid state for that surely. Peavey makes the best solid states amps I have heard(though it has been a while), but i remember the bandits sounding great
A used Valveking or maybe Classic 30 if you can find one.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
in that price range i doubt if there's such thing as "best" : (
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
for JA and early 60's I would say the Frontman or for everything the Crate Flexwave.

quick all you tube-asses start flaming me for talking about ss.

^:P
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Quote by solidsnake15
you people are from a different world. "small gigs i mean nothing over 1000 people" 1000 people would be huge here. lol small town sucks. I wish I lived where it happens like that.

tell me about it, small gigs here about 40 people in a bar. 1000 people is larger than some ampitheatres.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
All of the gigs I play have at least 600 people.... and we just started gigging..... I live and gig in big cities though.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
would a Frontman (65W) be loud enough and good enough quality for coffee shop gigs?

I play mostly folk music and some folk-rock.
i.e. :
JA (Jefferson Airplane), Byrds, Beatles, Beegees, Rod Stewart, etc.

We love you. God Bless.
Last edited by neptune1988 at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by neptune1988
for JA and early 60's I would say the Frontman or for everything the Crate Flexwave.

quick all you tube-asses start flaming me for talking about ss.

^:P

We don't flame the FM and Crate cause their ss, we flame them because they're ****
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by neptune1988
would a Frontman (65W) be loud enough and good enough quality for coffee shop gigs?

i.e. :

TBH, an Epiphone Valve Junior would be loud enough. People like to keep those gigs fairly quitet.
eould the quality of a Frontman be good enough or is the uneducated audience going to think "what a piece of junk?"

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Frontman's cleans are tolerable. Besides, if what you're playing and singing sounds good enough, the audience won't know.

^ yeah, but there are better amps for 300. Blackheart little giant anyone?

Quote by grimguitarist91
i would say line6's spider III

No, just no
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

at least SOMEONE agrees that the Frontman has decent cleans.

Thanks Azrael.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988

i.e. :

For similar money, the Fender Pro Jr. blows it away.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by solidsnake15

haha my town has 12,000 thousand people, then the town across the mississippi river from us has 60,000. Ok ill call 1,000 tops a medium gig haha, we normally dont play shows that big were only freshmen haha
would you guys say the fender fm 212r 100w would be sound good with a distortion pedal?? that or the crate flexwave maybe if i can get my parents to fork out some money, which im sure they will caz ill kiss their asses for a month begging for money haha. also maybe a spider III just for the versatility of it???
Quote by everlong12
would you guys say the fender fm 212r 100w would be sound good with a distortion pedal?? that or the crate flexwave maybe if i can get my parents to fork out some money, which im sure they will caz ill kiss their asses for a month begging for money haha. also maybe a spider III just for the versatility of it???

I would steer clear of any of those. +1 to slats and the Pro Jr
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by everlong12

the rythm guitarist in my band used to use a fender 212r with a disto pedal. it made me want to puke. i gave him my bassman just so i didnt have to hear that crap anymore.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
the rythm guitarist in my band used to use a fender 212r with a disto pedal. it made me want to puke. i gave him my bassman just so i didnt have to hear that crap anymore.

i will not be buying a frontman then haha
traynor dg30.

/tread
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
All Used - Fender Blues Jr/Pro Jr. Peavey Classic 30, Classic 20, Delta Blues, Ultra. Crate Vintage Club series and new V series. Epi, Vj, Vs. Blackheart. Traynor YCV20. The best we could (and will) argue until the end of time.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 18, 2008,