Hey everybody, I just bought a brand new Ibanez artcore AS102BM, and I was wondering what UG would recommend to keep the guitar in good condition. My guitar teacher recommended finger ease for the fretboard, but what should I use to wipe the body and back of the neck? Its a gloss finish by the way.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
102 or 103?

As for up keep, despite it's good looks it doesn't need all that much pampering. The pickguard protects the finish (like it should) and unless you bang the guitar against something the finish will hold up fine.

I've never had to polish mine yet, because the gloss finish hides fingerprints so well...

The only issue is the gold on the hardware will wear off. It's a common problem with a lot of Ibanezs. It's not all that bad, but it's kind of annoying.
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 3, 2008,
Your breath and a cotton cloth. An old t-shirt will do.

As for the fretboard, wipe it down with a cotton cloth (again an old t-shirt will do for this, just cut it up in to separate rags) before and after you play, and you should be good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
its a 103, I mistyped it, it looks exactly like yours T!AN
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Well welcome to the club of the sexiest guitar evar...

Make sure to post a thread with pictures when you get it, because the tops are usually quite different from one another and it'd be interesting to see. Plus it should be a big hit with the UGians
true T!AN, my camera is dead at the moment but I will definitely take some pictures when its done recharging. BTW, do you remember what string gauge came on yours from the factory?
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
It was either 10-50 or 10-52, I don't remember...

The guitar should come with a little Ibanez guide that should say though.