For example, would the Krank Rev. Jr. sound as heavy as Pantera or Lamb of God?

And please, only answer if you KNOW, as in you've played or owned one, if you've just heard it has a lot of distortion or are just guessing, please don't answer.
yes, ive played one, its just thousands of pounds of CRUSHING OVERDRIVE with **** tons of treble. if thats your dig, buy it.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
no.
they're exclusively clean amps
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
no.
they're exclusively clean amps

just like how fender has the br00talist distortion on the planet
The guitarist from another band in my town has a Krank half stack, and his tone is amazing for hardcore and metal. I would venture to say the smaller model is about as good, but you should really just try one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
maybe you should play one and find out? just a thought.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Well they have a lot of distortion. The tone, IMHO is questionable. Why do you need one or something?

What is your budget?
Are you playing in a band?
Are you specifically playing heavy metal?
Quote by sabres61
maybe you should play one and find out? just a thought.

This.

And stop making so many goddamn threads on this - I'm sure neptune(random numbers) doesn't like the idea of you replacing him!
yes they have a lot of distortion, however the tone is kind of different and is sort of a love it or hate it deal, so make sure you try one before buying.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The only music store near me that carries amps is Guitar Center. I asked the guy there a week ago and he said they dont carry Krank amps.

Im a bedroom guitarist, and I jam with friends often. I need an amp that sounds heavy as ****. Pantera and slayer stuff.
hrmmmmmm, tricky.

try a Black heart 15watter, then get a Zvex Box of Metal?
Quote by babyboo666
5150 combo

/thread

I dont know if you read my message above, but I dont want a HUGE wattage amp, its a bedroom amp.

And 60 watts of tube power is pretty high.
Quote by babyboo666
What are you some kind of a wimp?!

I have a 100 watts in my bedroom

No, because I dont want to have to deafen myself to get the tubes nice and saturated.

EDIT: And because I like playing above 2 on the volume.
Fair enough.

The Krank Rev JR would be the first thing I would recommend. It's got no problem with gain (trust me, it has massive gain) and would cover those bands you mentioned. Theres also been a negative review of it on this site though, you might want to look into that (someone complained they didn't like the EQ, ect). However, if you can't get ahold of a Krank dealer near you, that might be a problem.

I would NOT recommend buying a small blackheart + an overdrive pedal. For one, if you ever decide to play the HEAVY stuff (i.e. Nile/Necrophagist/other death metal), it would have a problem doing that. If you are however just going to stick to thrash metal, a small 5watt blackheart + a pedal would not be a bad choice.

Also, you can get a higher wattage amp, and run an attenuator. This would cause you to max out the tubes as they would run as if the amp was being driven with the volume at 10, to give you that sexxay tone, at very low volume. The downside here is, your tubes will die quicker...
Thanks, Im actually still deciding between this and a 5150 60w combo... But Im almost 100% on the Krank.
Quote by babyboo666
Fair enough.

The Krank Rev JR would be the first thing I would recommend. It's got no problem with gain (trust me, it has massive gain) and would cover those bands you mentioned. Theres also been a negative review of it on this site though, you might want to look into that (someone complained they didn't like the EQ, ect). However, if you can't get ahold of a Krank dealer near you, that might be a problem.

I would NOT recommend buying a small blackheart + an overdrive pedal. For one, if you ever decide to play the HEAVY stuff (i.e. Nile/Necrophagist/other death metal), it would have a problem doing that. If you are however just going to stick to thrash metal, a small 5watt blackheart + a pedal would not be a bad choice.

Also, you can get a higher wattage amp, and run an attenuator. This would cause you to max out the tubes as they would run as if the amp was being driven with the volume at 10, to give you that sexxay tone, at very low volume. The downside here is, your tubes will die quicker...
EQ pedal would solve that correct?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yea, but if I remember correctly, it was something more then the EQ also...like he found it muddy.
Just take a little bass out.....If it's the typical Metal tone, rolling the bass back a little would only help the bassist if there is one.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by dlmebag
Thanks, Im actually still deciding between this and a 5150 60w combo... But Im almost 100% on the Krank.

Go for it! Krank's a great company. They've only been around for a few years, but allready have a great reputation.
Quote by dlmebag
The only music store near me that carries amps is Guitar Center. I asked the guy there a week ago and he said they dont carry Krank amps.

Im a bedroom guitarist, and I jam with friends often. I need an amp that sounds heavy as ****. Pantera and slayer stuff.

DDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

Please read this whole post it's gunna be a long one. Listen I was in your EXACT place about 2 years ago, and I found an answer that will blow you away, and almost no one on this site seems to know about. Search through old threads and it's barely mentioned, it's a sad sad fact my freind. This amp is small, it's got one 12" speaker and a nice 40 watts. I was searching for an amp that I could rock out with in the bedroom and at jams and small gigs, and this and filled the bill both in the shreddin' and teh br00tlz catagories. Prepare yourself for an /thread recommendation:

Peavey Triple XXX Super 40

If you're brave you could also try the slightly larger and more heavy ( in weight not sound ) and more powerful 60 watt version. This little amp is unreal. It's got character, it's got warmth, it's got soul, and most of all it's got enough built in mad metal mayham to vaporize diminuitively proportioned woodland creatures! Anyone who doesn't believe the warmth and toneful sound of this amp either:

A) Has never even heard or played one ( most common )

B) Has not played or heard one long enough to test it's vast potential

C) Has not played one that had it's tubes swapped.

The amp sound great stock, but with a tube swap things really light up. This amp has incredible lead sounds, and a rythm sound that would shake loose the screws holding your wee bedroom together: tight, articulate, and of course, teh br00tlz. Trust me, check this bad boy out, it's got more gain than you could possibly do anything ( useful ) with; I'm a bigtime metal guy, everything from oldschool Metallica to modern day thrash, death, and power metal like Killswitch, Children of Bodom, Unearth etc. etc., and I aced all those styles easilly without turning the gain knob past 2 o'clock. Also, a nifty thing about this amp is that it's got ( suprisingly ) useful built in effects, and the gain channel's eq is ACTIVE, providing for a massive palet of tonal diversity. And the BEST part of all is:

You can get one on eBay for under $370 shipped. I've seen them.

Why? Cause they don't make them anymore, as of something like 5 years ago. Please please please please PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out this amp and then tell all your friends! It will let your metal soul rest easy till you're dead, it's dead, or you get more money ( for a Soldano presumably ).

/thread
Well the thread was asking about Kranks, but seriously, thanks for the recommendation. Im going to check it out, and my friends looking for a new amp, I'll show him it too.

EDIT: None on ebay as of now
Yeah, sorry about that bit, but I'm so entheusiastic about getting that amp out there I couldn't resist. Also, the Super 40 tends to show up at a rate of about 1 or 2 per week, sometimes more sometimes less. Check the "completed listings" and you'll see two in there that ended last week. Right now there's a regular 60 watter up, but keep watching, the Super will show.
Quote by dlmebag
No, because I dont want to have to deafen myself to get the tubes nice and saturated.

EDIT: And because I like playing above 2 on the volume.

You don't want a lot of power tube saturation in metal, you want headroom.
Really the 5150 combo will work fine too, but it's up to you to decide if you like the Krank or the Peavey more.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab