hey i need help finding some egyptian/arabic/middle eastern music, doesnt matter wat instrument but i was mainly looking for instrumentals
Well, as you may know, Nile is death metal, with Egyptian theme and interludes. But much to my interest, I recently found that their frontman Karl Sanders released a solo project with just the Egyptian stuff and no metal.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
May be you'll find this weird but I know Offspring on (Come out and Play) song has a part that looks like egyptian and if you listen to the last song of this album called (Smash) and the song called smash as well (about 10 to 14 min) you'll find an hidden track that is the part from come out and play played with variations on a different scale

If you can find out that scale you could probably do your own egyptian song with different combinations and notes from this scale!

Hope it helps you , and thinkin' about it i'll check it myself these days to find the scales for that hidden track and others that sounds egyptian!
Music to ease the soul.
Quote by Ackj
Well, as you may know, Nile is death metal, with Egyptian theme and interludes. But much to my interest, I recently found that their frontman Karl Sanders released a solo project with just the Egyptian stuff and no metal.

this really helped, karl sanders' album is so amazing
Ravi Shankar is an excellent Indian sitar player. I'd suggest him.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
the beatles- love you to, within you without you, tomorrow never knows

i'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but that's what came to my mind.
Orphaned Land.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by RHCP94
Ravi Shankar is an excellent Indian sitar player. I'd suggest him.

Beat me to it.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)