Sorry if this thread already exists, but I just figured itd be amusing to talk specifically about the classical end of accoustic, and see how many of my other fingerpicking breathrene(sp) would like to talk about it. Classical is so awesome once you get the picking techniques down (rest strokes, rolls, etc) So lets talk about classical guitar?
1966 rickenbacker fireglo 335
78' twin reverb (loud awesome tone)

practice makes practice... never perfect
ok .. lets talk .. lol .. so .. how bout them miami dolphins eh
take it easy man .. its just a thread
Well I'm playing classical stuff on my elecrtric until I buy a proper guitar haha

Too bad there's no "What Classical Guitar Under $300" Thread. Any suggestions ?
i gots me a yamaha cg11s .. its kool .. i like it i wish i had the cedar top one though
take it easy man .. its just a thread
i recently bought a yamaha CG151C. it was marked down over 200 dollars since it was at this private sale for people who take lessons at the store. god damn classical is hard to play though. i have trouble with my right hand technique.

anyways, who is your favorite player? mine is john williams
I have to say, the question mark in the subject line doesn't exactly "rally the troops" if you catch my drift.

I got a $75.00 Lucida. Its got a crappy fretboard but it doesn't sound too bad if you aren't picky (then again, I haven't played a wide range of classical guitars).
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Quote by jim morrison714
i recently bought a yamaha CG151C. it was marked down over 200 dollars since it was at this private sale for people who take lessons at the store. god damn classical is hard to play though. i have trouble with my right hand technique.

anyways, who is your favorite player? mine is john williams

Pffft, David Russell, all the way.
PPPPPPFFFFFTTTTTTTTT.

**** Williams, he's last century. Kazuito Yamashita FTW. Check out Ricardo Gallen, he's pretty amazing. Russell is great too!

Yamaha's are good for starting.
Classical music is awesome. Here are some of my favorite pieces, I think you guys should check them out (if you haven't already ).

Asturias (obviously)
Bouree
Cello Prelude (the bach one in drop D)
Bwv 1006 prelude in E major
Fantasia by John Dowland (this is absolutely amazing)
Quote by beadhangingOne
Classical music is awesome. Here are some of my favorite pieces, I think you guys should check them out (if you haven't already ).

Asturias (obviously)
Bouree
Cello Prelude (the bach one in drop D)
Bwv 1006 prelude in E major
Fantasia by John Dowland (this is absolutely amazing)

Those are pretty much 5 of the most popular pieces that are performed on classical guitar, so any serious classical musician is going to have already "checked them out"
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm just starting, anyone have any noob tips, even the most basic things?
I love the sound of nylon strings.
Any reccomendations as far as folky-fingerstyle artists?
Quote by Dreadnought
Those are pretty much 5 of the most popular pieces that are performed on classical guitar, so any serious classical musician is going to have already "checked them out"

ship out august 8th? B/c I do.
Quote by Matt Chavie
ship out august 8th? B/c I do.

August 5th actually, what branch are you?
It's all about the Assad brothers (see avatar). I saw them live, but it was before I began playing classical so I couldn't fully appreciate the amazingness.
On the topic of construction delaying the Large Hadron Collider:

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Construction my ass. They just haven't found a good enough crowbar for Gordon Freeman when everything goes tits up.
Quote by Matt Chavie
Army

Where are you headed for basic training?
Quote by Dreadnought
Where are you headed for basic training?

OK, then AZ for my AIT.
Quote by Matt Chavie
OK, then AZ for my AIT.

Oh alright, what's your MOS? I'm head to Ft. Benning, Georgia, for OSUT.
Quote by Dreadnought
Oh alright, what's your MOS? I'm head to Ft. Benning, Georgia, for OSUT.

35M

this thread is SO jacked.
I've been learning classical guitar for two years now and I've gotten quite good. I'm currently playing grade 4 pieces on the AMEB syllabus. I did classical guitar because it's fun and i wanted to put my standard notation readings skills to use.

These composers have books that teach classical guitar techniques pretty well:
Matteo Carcussi
Ferdinando Carruli
Fernando Sor

They're all relatively famous.
Get into some Fernando Sor. Easy to as hard as you want. Awesome stuff that kicks you in the heart!
IMO Giuliani's studies pwn Carcassi's and Carruli's. Sor is great.

There's nothing wrong with John Williams, he looks to be a great guy, I just think people get too tied up with him and forget how many other guitarists are out there.
Granada
Capricho Arabe
Bach: Little Fugue in G minor
Carcassi: Study number 7.op60
Giuliani:Capriccio in Am
Turkish March!!

fan of Bach,Beethoven,Giuliani,Carcassi,Mozart,Paganini,Sor,Brouwer and so on
not a fan of Andrew york, Chopin, Aguado,Debussy,Dowland, Granados
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
You're not a fan of Debussy because his music was composed for piano and music arranged for guitar coming from piano sounds like ****.

But Debussy on a piano = earschex.
Chopin is piano. That's why he doesn't like him. It's fact of life that most tunes from other instruments arranged for the guitar sound like ****.
Enrique Granados and Isaac Albeniz both composed for the piano yet their work sounds great on guitar.
preach it brotha morrison!
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
yea i would like to have seen beethoven write sum stuff for lute, or even if some1 can write a good transcription, that would be nice
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I just picked up a book by Frederick Noad. I'm going to get some Segovia books on technique and a book by Sor as well.
This may seem like a Noob question, but: How can you tell when to use a rest stroke and when to use a free stroke?
Rest strokes are used to bring out the melody line. Often the 1st or 3rd note beat [sometimes both] in 4/4 timing as a general idea of where the melody useualy is.