I play rock to post harcore.

Rock - Shinedown, HURT, A7X, System of a Down, Disturbed - thats mostly the 'sound' I'm looking for.

Post Hardcore - blessthefall, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Emarosa, Greeley Estates, Norma Jean, Devil Wears Prada.

Im most concerned about the 'rock' aspect of the sound. I'm not sure on an amp yet. I will be going tube, maybe this used Ashdown FA - 40 combo I saw at guitar center today. Good condition for $400. Or an older JCM 800.???
Last edited by Kornakopia at Jul 3, 2008,
it depends most on the amp

the pickups can DEFINITELY handle it, the neck is comfortable enough. it'll come moreso down to your amp choice.
if you go for a JCM, then definitely.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by FRDesign
I dunno about A7X tones from a JCM800...

all the post-hardcore bands on their use marshall i believe.

i think A7X use mesa boogie, i may be wrong though
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by atla18
all the post-hardcore bands on their use marshall i believe.

i think A7X use mesa boogie, i may be wrong though

A7X is more metal-ish than post hardcore.

They use Bogner Uberschalls.
Quote by FRDesign
A7X is more metal-ish than post hardcore.

They use Bogner Uberschalls.

im pretty sure he could get the tone, or similar, through a marshall though. ive seen metalcore bands that have more gain and beefy tone than A7X using marshall JCM's
Quote by wannabe jesus
Quote by atla18
im pretty sure he could get the tone, or similar, through a marshall though. ive seen metalcore bands that have more gain and beefy tone than A7X using marshall JCM's
Could be a JCM, but not a JCM800.

A JCM900 or 2000 could.
ive never used a mesa boogie amp but through videos on youtube, the fact that most of my favorite bands use them, and through word of mouth from various friends in bands, it is a great amp.

all in all you spimly need to try it
Quote by wannabe jesus