I searched and only found this type of thread on the electric guitar forum, so let's go for it on the bass forum.

For me it would be:
1. Yyz - Rush
2. Anesthesia: Pulling Teeth - Metallica
3. Either Phantom of the Opera or Killers, both by Iron Maiden, not sure which is harder.

I can also play the keyboard solo to Because It's Midnite by Limozeen, and I can do stuff like this

I'm also working on Ytse Jam by Dream Theater (almost 100% down), and will be learning the keyboard solo to Highway Star by Deep Purple once I get a Micro POG and will be able to hit the higher notes.
Last edited by zeppelin42 at Jul 3, 2008,
I only actually learn other peoples bassline's when I have to. But I guess I know a couple.

Oscar Pettiford's bassline to Duke Ellington's "C Jam Blues"

I can also play the head to Charlie Parkers Billie's Bounce which is much harder.

But really you are way better off listing to the bassist who wrote those basslines and applying the knowledge you gain to your own original basslines. It will make you a way better bass player in the end.
quit flaming him....
1.This Godless Endeavour - Nevermore
2. Carving A Gaint - Gorgoroth
3. The Sacreligious Scorn -Dimmu Borgir
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Last edited by BassGuitarGod at Jul 3, 2008,
1: glasgow kiss- JP
2: YYZ- Rush
3: Repentance- Dream Theater

rush n dt friggin killer bands
Correct. A correction is an education not a rebuke.

Let see...

Come On, Come over--Jaco
Bernadette -- Four tops (but not quite up to speed...getting there)
Jordu -- Duke Jordon (playing a mix of the head and bass chords)

There's probably more but I just can't think of anything beyond those three at the moment.
Why is everyone saying YYZ? It's a **** song. Like srsly

Anyways... Hardest songs
Yesterday Don't Mean **** - Pantera
Scarified - Racer X (lol I can only play it when I warm up for like an hour. but even then those damn solos are sketchy)
Spheres Of Madness - Decapitated

(Currently working on School Days by Stanley Clarke and Cruise Misile by Jerry Peek... Songs are ****ing bitches... That solo in school days and those scales in Cruise Misile. God damn... I need to get my chops up)
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
i can play about half of anesthesia. It kinda gets crappy when the drums enter , but you can still tell what song it is. Other than that I'm not sure
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
murders in the rue morgue by iron maiden
the pot - tool
Last edited by esp-ltd at Jul 4, 2008,
beast and the harlot- avenged sevenfold
originals by my band
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
i would have to say
YYZ-rush (awesome song)
teen town-jaco(on my fretless )
no body wierd like me- rhcp

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Day of the Baphomets - The Mars Volta, though I can't play it full speed.
YYZ - Rush, again, slowly.

Those are the only two anyone would consider "hard"
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
DMV - Primus (sans the outro lol).
Davidian - Machine Head.
World So Cold - Mudvayne (not really hard)
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
respect to yyz. I suppose my proudest achievement is being able to play the first 30 seconds of the guitar solo from stairway to heaven on bass (just about), but I prefer to improvise than play other peoples stuff mostly.
Quote by Hergiswi
Hot Cross Buns. I haven't got farther than that yet.

woh, that's seriously hardcore, can you send me tab?
mine are probably:
Constant motion - Dream Theater
YYZ - Rush (still havent learned it all though)
and invention #8 - Bach
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
I rarely learn songs the whole way through. I try to pick out riffs by ear and just play them, but most of the time I'm composing my own songs and basslines and improving my own bass playing.
signature
Quote by Primus2112
1. My Name is Mud- Primus

2. YYZ- Rush

3. Laquer Head- Primus

Yah, I like Primus. They suck so much.

Yeah. Primus sucks

And I've tried learning Laquer head but I don't get it... do you slap the A with your thumb and then pop the Bb and A(higher one)?? And do you double thumb it? and how do you slap and pop at the same time? or is that not nessicary?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
hardest songs i can play are both written my be

they are
Nuclear Love - Mfunj
Bet you can't play this - Mfunj
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Improvisation song. It's an absolute beast to get the timing and notes just right on. :P

But I don't tend to learn songs that are particularly technically difficult...not my style of music, really.
Quote by King Of Suede
Yeah. Primus sucks

And I've tried learning Laquer head but I don't get it... do you slap the A with your thumb and then pop the Bb and A(higher one)?? And do you double thumb it? and how do you slap and pop at the same time? or is that not nessicary?

How I do it, is I do the percussive thing he does in My name is mud with my fretting hand, and I slap the A and pop the A above it with the fret-hand action inbetween. You're basically alternating which hand does the percussive action, and alternating the notes on the plucking hand. Sorry, I have a tendency to state the obvious, lol.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
...And the Psychic Saw - Atheist
Enthralled in Essence - Atheist
In the Name of God - Dream Theater
Brains - Atheist

I like Atheist.