Mine is making clicking noises at me and I don't know if this is the right place to be posting this but nonetheless, any suggestions on how to get it to perform like a normal pedal again instead of having it click at me?

EDIT: It's a really crappy pedal, it drains batteries and it has no varying levels of distortion, it all sounds like touch me i'm sick by mudhoney... DON'T BUY IT! still doesn't help my current dilemma though lol...
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
Last edited by eadgtotheend at Jul 4, 2008,
the starcaster or stratocaster something like that fender distortion pedal
My Music:
Quote by eadgtotheend
the starcaster or stratocaster something like that fender distortion pedal

Umm.. they're guitar names. Anyway it seems weird. Maybe there's a tap tempo switch or something like that on the pedal. Or it's broken.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
^Nope, they are guitar names, but there's now a new pedal range from Fender licensed under the name of Starcaster i believe.
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Attack
Umm.. they're guitar names. Anyway it seems weird. Maybe there's a tap tempo switch or something like that on the pedal. Or it's broken.

i think he's right...im pretty sure fender makes a "starcaster" distortion pedal, along with their starcaster guitar...
from what ive heard, they are both cheap scrap, so the pedal is prolly just shot... or almost there, anyway....
Quote by cmakkidguitar
^Nope, they are guitar names, but there's now a new pedal range from Fender licensed under the name of Starcaster i believe.

Oh, i didn't know about those pedals. Checked it out. Probably not very reliable. Still i don't get why a pedal would make click noises. Man get rid of that pedal.
Quote by TheProducer
Dying battery?

When my batteries die i don't get clicks. Timer bomb?
Quote by Attack
When my batteries die i don't get clicks. Timer bomb?

Well, who knows what a Fender Starcaster pedal sounds like when it dies. I haven't heard clicks on my pedals either but it's always a good thing to check
Fender, a company famous for their amps' cleans, making a distortion pedal. Anyone else find this a bit ironic? I would expect it to be ****.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Fender, a company famous for their amps' cleans, making a distortion pedal. Anyone else find this a bit ironic? I would expect it to be ****.

Fender, a company for their guitars, makes a Starcaster.

Just about as ironic.
Quote by TheProducer
Fender, a company for their guitars, makes a Starcaster.

Just about as ironic.

Well i'd say they were as famous for their amps tbh
And the Starcaster was originally an old guitar (which was made of pure win), and the name got reused on a new shtty range similar to squier. Now it looks like they've used it again on this pedal range...
Where the fuck has Fender's imagination run off to?
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
Well i'd say they were as famous for their amps tbh
And the Starcaster was originally an old guitar (which was made of pure win), and the name got reused on a new shtty range similar to squier. Now it looks like they've used it again on this pedal range...
Where the fuck has Fender's imagination run off to?

Answer:

$$$
Quote by TheProducer
Answer:

$$$

No, i mean i can appreciate them making a shtty range - money needs to come in But is it that hard to make a new name for them? x]
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
No, i mean i can appreciate them making a shtty range - money needs to come in But is it that hard to make a new name for them? x]

Oh, yeah, I understand then. I don't know why they (or any company) needs to do a stupid thing like that.

Car companies do the same thing. Bring back a legendary car as a family car or something--hoping it sells just because it's got the same name as the legend.
^ e.g. Dodge Charger
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
^ e.g. Dodge Charger

Exactly.

Or what Ford did to the Mustang in the mid eighties to mid nineties. Or the Impala. And on and on.
at least the Challenger and Camero are decent. But seriously, just get a new pedal.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

do you mean its like, clicking loudly through the amp when you stomp on the switch, or like just clicking randomly?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
clicking loudly, it's like a retarded metronome, I have it hooked up and I can hear it without the pedal's effect even on, I know it's a crap pedal but I haven't heard of this problem before...
My Music:
Quote by eadgtotheend
clicking loudly, it's like a retarded metronome, I have it hooked up and I can hear it without the pedal's effect even on, I know it's a crap pedal but I haven't heard of this problem before...

wow i have no idea what that could be.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.