Is there any good tube amp i can get for under 600$ that is used (prob from ebay) that can give me a good tone and good for metal? I play mostly megadeth/metallica kinda stuff but occasionally rip into maiden and sabbath.
Peavey Classic or Raptor.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
b52

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

B-52 AT-100 is pretty much your best bet. It's similar to a Dual Rectifier, and it's just in your pricerange new

Otherwise, you could save up $200 more and wait for a Mark III/IV selling for $800 used.
u got any pedals that your gonna be using? or will you be getting your distortion from the amp? i would recomend for the price a peavey 5150. its sturdy and i think u can get one for around 6 .
o ya my **** :
boss gt8
line 6 dl4 delay modeler
ibanez ax
dean markly 1x12 50 watt (one tube in preamp)
Peavey Windsor?
i just got a peavey valveking 112 brand-new for $385 at my local shop, hooked my digitech bad monkey into it, and it friggin rocks!
if you have 6 bills to spend, get this and use the change for a speaker and tube upgrade...
you'll be glad ya did!
Quote by Blacksabbath92
what are your opinons on the line 6 spider valve?

run away, dont walk...
Quote by Blacksabbath92
what are your opinons on the line 6 spider valve?
I played on it once, it is basically a practice amp with tubes shoved in the amp IMO
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Peavey 5150 all the way. It's the best metal amp for the price. You won't get the definition of a vintage or boutique amp, but it does it's job for metal. It is clear and sings when you crank the power section. I bought mine a few months ago for $550. It's an amazing piece of equipment and you will not be disappointed.
Get a used 5150 combo with that money... if I had known better (and if Jamaica had a better amp market) that's what I would've done.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
go for a used 5150 combo from what I hear those things are brutal they are used by many many swedish/Scandinavian death metal bands. You don't have to worry about the quality of a used one that much because those things are build like tanks.
A 5150 at 600 bucks would be a challenge, but not impossible. The 5150 212 combos are going $600-$700 on ebay. Plus you have to add in shipping which is usually $50+. Maybe if he found one on Craigslist, but most people are selling heads, not combos.

You should also check into B-52. Great amps, and is a much more realistic choice.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Jul 4, 2008,