After my livwire standard 25 footer started crackling i thought i would make an investment that would really pay for itself. i bought a livewire elite series cable.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live-Wire-EIC186L-18.5FT-ANGL-STRAIGHT-INST-CABLE?sku=330227
thought it was gunna be great, but when i took it home i noticed my duncans lost their bite. my tone knob didnt change anything and my signal got way quieter. is the cable bad or is that how professional's guitars sound?
eh. I would make my own but im not too solder savvy. i put new pickups in my schecter and have had to fix solder points 5 times already. all i wanna say is.. **** guitar center. its a ****ty place to go.
You probably got a dud cable, it happens. Do they have a guarantee like Monster because you can just get it replaced if it does.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i will quote the box

"in the unlikely event this cable should ever fail for any reason, simply return it to any authorized dealer for immediate replacement.

retailer and manufacturer shall not be liable for damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the cable, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss or any other incidental or consquential damages. this guarantee gives you specific legal rights. you may have other legal rights which vary from state to state"

that second paragraph makes my head explode.
the second paragraph just says livewire isnt responsible for any damages caused by a faulty cord.

but yeah, livewire are lifetime guaranteed and ive heard alot of people just go to their closest retailer (like GC), show them the cable and box, and get a new one (if it really is the cable thats the problem anyways)

though i havent had the chance to find out for myself (my livewires still running strong)
would it matter who i bought it from. the guitar center i bought it from is an hours drive away but i have smaller music stores that carry livewire products within 15 minutes.
Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that you got a 25 footer?

When I first joined the forums, I saw a thread and it said that cables over 20ft tend to cut signal. But I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to guitars and equipment, so I don't know!
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Quote by k4rma
Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that you got a 25 footer?

When I first joined the forums, I saw a thread and it said that cables over 20ft tend to cut signal. But I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to guitars and equipment, so I don't know!

no the new cable is 18 and a half foot. my old 25 footer sounded better than this one before it went and sounded like a bag of potato chips
Quote by Dudemonkguy
would it matter who i bought it from. the guitar center i bought it from is an hours drive away but i have smaller music stores that carry livewire products within 15 minutes.

i dont think it matters. a majority of the people who mentioned return livewire cables didnt even mention the receipt. i think having the box with that little paper with the guarantee and a faulty cable is more than enough