I've recently noticed that guitarfetish has Strat style bodies for sale, and they're at a reasonable price. Could that body fit a Wilkinson tremolo (bought from them aswell) and fit a Squier neck?

edited typo
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Jul 3, 2008,
I'd imagine you could get a neck to fit okay, with some work. if you're willing to sand it down, you should be okay.

And, I don't see why you can't get a Wilkinson Trem to fit in there.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I think any trem would work fine.

It's either that body, or buy a mighty mite off of ebay.

What's the smarter buy?

The GFS body is 3-piece poplar, the mighty mite one's are probably 1-3 pieces ash/alder.

For a GFS body, a nice tremolo, and some new tuners, I get what it would cost me for a mighty mite body. What's the better idea?

BTW, a pair of 'buckers are going into this bad boy.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Jul 3, 2008,
Poplar's a solid, relatively neutral tonewood. I know a lot of Peaveys were, and possibly still are, made of poplar, and those were pretty good guitars. assuming the pieces are well matched, there shouldn't be a problem.

I believe it is a somewhat soft wood, though, so you'll get some dents.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I thought poplar and ash we're relatively similar, what would you consider the more "expensive"/better wood?

I mean, all my other Strat's are already ash and alder.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

To the best of my knowledge, ash is more desirable due to it's nicer grain pattern. Poplar, according to Warmoth, tends to have nasty green streaks running through it, which is why you only ever see it used for solid-colored guitars. Ash, I think, tends to be somewhat brighter in tone.

I don't see anything wrong with poplar, though. A Wilkinson tremolo should be enough to give you good sustain and such.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Poplar, here I come.

Since it is a solid colour, I won't see the problem really.

And it's either the wilkinson or the steel block tremolo.

And how much would you say would a luthier/guitar tech would cost for him to fit the tremolo, pickguard, and neck for me? I suck shizzle at anything with measurements and whatnot.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Last edited by djszkoda at Jul 4, 2008,
Depends on the luthier, really. I'm not good with estimates.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I would assume it'll be less than $60, at least.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.