So thats pretty much the story. I mgunna get the bugera 6260-212, bit its 120 watts!!! I mostly play bedroom levels and some jamming, so i was just concerned about the heavy saturated sound quality at low levels. So does anyone have a suggestion for a decent attenuator. I dont know anything about these but no more than $100
Thanks
Quote by Ben12321
So thats pretty much the story. I mgunna get the bugera 6260-212, bit its 120 watts!!! I mostly play bedroom levels and some jamming, so i was just concerned about the heavy saturated sound quality at low levels. So does anyone have a suggestion for a decent attenuator. I dont know anything about these but no more than $100
Thanks
I just had this explained to me...

The reason that High-Gain amps like the one you are getting have major wattage is because lots of pre-amp gain doesn't sound good with that distorted power amp sound you get from cranking the amp all the way. So, the purpose is so that you can have it really loud without saturating the tubes and giving you a muddy gooey sound that comes from massive pre-amp gain combined with the distorted power amp. So unless it's too loud with the volume at one it wont be necessary.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212