alright well i posted this in the off topic thread but since then ive written two more songs. for some reason i have been pouring out ideas the past few days. there are 4 songs on my profile, one is an intro, for my band. quality is ****ty, think laptop built in microphone with audacity.

they are very heavily converge influenced and some carrier influences too. i want to see if you guys like what you hear, its just guitar and its pretty sloppy and some of the songs are like cut just to show lead ideas.

anyways. tear them about, i want as much criticism as possible ha.

just click on my name
<

i would appreciate it a lot, i want to get more feedback.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
i already did, and i value the regs opinions here. its fine.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
sounds good man. would really like to hear them with a full band, though.

lol at "Mudvayne_LP" trying to police the hardcore forum.
Listening to "Song 3"
Critting as I'm listening..

Starts off good, the dissonance gets me interested.
I can really hear The Carrier influence.
The next riff, very converge-ish. Fits well though.
The next riff, hard to explain how I feel about it, but I definitely like it.
There was a sloppy note after the harmonic, that kind of ruined it for me.
Back to the converge-ish riff, good.
Next riff flows well, the outro was good.

Overall, it wasn't bad.
Fairly interesting, kept my attention.
You have a few playing errors here and there, and the quality is obviously sub-par.
It sound pretty good, but imagining how the rest of the band would sound, I'm thinking it could become much better.

/crit
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Definitely some gold ideas here man, obviously draws from Converge a lot but here and there some more straight up melody creeps in. Good stuff.

Only thing I will say is that it sounds a little monotonous on occasion, like as the songs progress not too many new ideas come through, each one has one or two main riffs. I think a full band would help that though, let some of the other instruments or the lyrics shine in too.
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Jul 4, 2008,
It would (obviously) be better with a full band, but it's pretty good. Just feels like "song 3" could be faster.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Quote by kryptonite22
Definitely some gold ideas here man, obviously draws from Converge a lot but here and there some more straight up melody creeps in. Good stuff.

Only thing I will say is that it sounds a little monotonous on occasion, like as the songs progress not too many new ideas come through, each one has one or two main riffs. I think a full band would help that though, let some of the other instruments or the lyrics shine in too.

i definitely agree with the monotonous thing, im gonna be changing a lot of the parts to be faster, and once we get drums there will be more of a separation and distinction. thanks for all the comments though guys. i appresh it.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
sounds pretty good but its hard to judge without drum bass and vocals because its mostly chords, to be honest. but it definitely looks promising. beatcraft mf