Well in theoy, but actually the bass channel is just more bassy than the guitar channel and not really that great for bass tbh.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you can play bass through any guitar head, it usually doesn't sound that great (same goes here, although it's a little better than most), but it's the cab you really have to worry about.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

What?! Wait???

That's a GUITAR AMP!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
What?! Wait???

That's a GUITAR AMP!

um... i cant make this more clear, it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07

oh good god STFU *reported*

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
oh good god STFU *reported*

on what grounds? explain yourself.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by ripple07
on what grounds? explain yourself.

that's spam, and a really annoying meme.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's spam, and a really annoying meme.

fair enough... however. i though it fit quite well.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by ripple07
um... i cant make this more clear, it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Are you serious?
With 20W of power, it churned out golden crunchy tones with depth and character. The Marshall 2061X comes with 2 EL84 tubes in the power amp, 2 ECC83s in the preamp, and a solid state rectifier.

Also,
It's OBVIOUSLY a guitar amp.

To the TS, yes you could run a bass through it but make sure you have a bass cab.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
don;t bother arguing with the guy, he's just regurgitating a stupid meme from awhile ago.

Last.fm
I wouldn't bother, like any other guitar amp it'd be okay if your speakers could handle it - but 20W is somewhat underpowered to amplify the low frequencies.
It's NOT a bass amp by any means.
Quote by ripple07

You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it, in a guitar store and it's most definetly a guitar amp. I own an 18W (the 20W was a development of the 18W) and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.

Oh and it's tube. It has two ECC83s and EL84s.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it, in a guitar store and it's most definetly a guitar amp. I own an 18W (the 20W was a development of the 18W) and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.

i stand corected.
Quote by Gabel
Quote by Gabel

Dude, he was repeating an old meme that was on this forum a while ago.

You kinda just argued for nothing.
It's a reissue from when Marshall tried to make bass amps, realised they were crappy bass amps so sold them as guitar amps instead.
Quote by smb
It's a reissue from when Marshall tried to make bass amps, realised they were crappy bass amps so sold them as guitar amps instead.

be fair boyce the super bass was a damn good amp
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
be fair boyce the super bass was a damn good amp
Wasn't it just a Plexi voiced differently? At least it was more powerful than this 20W head. I can't think of a possible use for this amp as a bassist
Quote by smb

Wrong there my friend!

The first Marshall stack was a bass amp for John Entwhistle of The Who. Secondly Marshall has made many bass amps, such as the Super Bass and the Marshall Majors (which were for bass and guitar), which were ALL very succesful. Jack Bruce used both the Super Basses and early Majors for an example... Heck Gary Moore PREFERS the Super Bass to the Super Lead!

Quote by iamtompublic
Dude, he was repeating an old meme that was on this forum a while ago.

You kinda just argued for nothing.

Ah, I didn't bother reading the posts after that one...

Plus on UG you see idiots like that anyway, so it was plausible....
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Wrong there my friend!

The first Marshall stack was a bass amp for John Entwhistle of The Who. Secondly Marshall has made many bass amps, such as the Super Bass and the Marshall Majors (which were for bass and guitar), which were ALL very succesful. Jack Bruce used both the Super Basses and early Majors for an example... Heck Gary Moore PREFERS the Super Bass to the Super Lead!
Marshall bass amps were always more popular among guitarists than bassists. In any case, popularity is about marketing, not quality. I don't care if they were Jesus' favourite bass amp, they're still underpowered and have poor low frequency response.
Quote by smb
Marshall bass amps were always more popular among guitarists than bassists. In any case, popularity is about marketing, not quality. I don't care if they were Jesus' favourite bass amp, they're still underpowered and have poor low frequency response.

The good thing with them is that for an overdriven bass sound, they sound GREAT!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
The good thing with them is that for an overdriven bass sound, they sound GREAT!

If you want a fuzzy, grinding, overdriven bass, a good old tube head is the way to go :]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!