-How is it
-Post pics
-Post sound clips
-Just help me out
- I played it once at guitar center but the guy didnt undstand how to work it; from what i understand it works mostly by controlling the volume knob.
- How much gain does it have
- can somebody explain the dynamic modes
- how does it respond to heavey gain pedals
Last edited by Rushfan2121 at Jul 3, 2008,
Honestly I can't be all that helpful, but I will say...

With an amp that nice, using distortion pedals shouldn't even be considered.
I played it once and it sounds terrific, i just couldn't find my tone very well, it was either high or too low. one time a guy was demoing it for this girl and he cranked it and it sounded real vintage, nice tone for classic rock. Now.. to go off on another story, the girl sucked, she played the amp for 2 minutes played basically nothing and bought the amp. To my knowledge it's about... idk... 2,200 USD for the stack.. Barely played it and got daddy to buy it.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by captainoid
-Fine, thank you
-www.marshallamps.com, or http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=vintage+modern&st=
-see above
-I'm trying
-it is a vintage style amp;therefore, 3-4 band eq'ing
-medium britishy, crunchy, gain.
-lol wut?
-If you want a haevy gain pedal, why do you want a marshall?

it just seemed liked when the gain was on 10 it need to go to 13 and then it would be perfect.
ive never played it, but ive heard people say its bad, and ive listened to it and it sounded really great. so i dont know.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
ive never played it, but ive heard people say its bad, and ive listened to it and it sounded really great. so i dont know.

yea , that's where am at. I think its a good amp but its just not like any other amp in the sense of the dynamic range < ( I Dont understand )
I will check out the splawn amps. Or should i wait till November when i get my bonus and get a JVM210h and cab
Quote by LPDave
I played it once and it sounds terrific, i just couldn't find my tone very well, it was either high or too low. one time a guy was demoing it for this girl and he cranked it and it sounded real vintage, nice tone for classic rock. Now.. to go off on another story, the girl sucked, she played the amp for 2 minutes played basically nothing and bought the amp. To my knowledge it's about... idk... 2,200 USD for the stack.. Barely played it and got daddy to buy it.

Jealous much? I'd love it if my dad could afford to buy me a nice high end amp.
dont get the jvm the distortions sound so cheesey

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Splawn>JVM
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I dunno, I hear people saying "the vintage modern sux" and yet Paul Gilbert uses them now.

Given that Paul's been in the business for so long, you'd think he'd be able to tell a 'bad' amp from a good one, eh?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, but Zakk Wylde promotes the MG, so you never know how much they get paid for playing those amps.
Quote by captainoid
-Fine, thank you
-www.marshallamps.com, or http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=vintage+modern&st=
-see above
-I'm trying
-it is a vintage style amp;therefore, 3-4 band eq'ing
-medium britishy, crunchy, gain.
-lol wut?
-If you want a haevy gain pedal, why do you want a marshall?

I can't stop loling on how you answered the kid...
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Quote by rockadoodle
Jealous much? I'd love it if my dad could afford to buy me a nice high end amp.

Ya, i am jealous, cuz i'm there once a week playin and this girl strolls in there buying a marshall. But what i've heard, it's not a great amp anyway. I would prefer a JCM 800 for my style.
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Quote by Raijouta
I dunno, I hear people saying "the vintage modern sux" and yet Paul Gilbert uses them now.

Given that Paul's been in the business for so long, you'd think he'd be able to tell a 'bad' amp from a good one, eh?

Given that Paul's a professional, I'd think that he has enough money to have someone mod his amp so it sounds good, eh?
Certainly not out of the question.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Given that Paul's a professional, I'd think that he has enough money to have someone mod his amp so it sounds good, eh?
Certainly not out of the question.

Actually, it's stock with a fulltone OCD in front of it.
he uses the ocd over the amps dirty channel...

like every other GOOD GUITARIST that uses pedals...
Quote by kool98769
Splawn>JVM

+100

I think the whole concept of the JVM is retarded
IT does not have enough gain for it to be used as a hi-gain amp which can be cascaded down to lower gain. And all those annoying lower gain settings sound fizzy and annoying.

I don't see why anyone would buy a JVM if they could afford a Splawn!
I personally don't think that the vintage modern sounds great. I've only played it on the low dynamic range (supposedly JTM-45, plexi sounding) and it doesn't really sound much like a JTM-45 or plexi at all, kind of kills the point of KT66s. It has this really fizzy high end that I just cannot get used to. Maybe I didn't spend enough time tweaking. Its not bad or anything, I just wouldn't pay $1500 for it.

Although I do like the "Body" and "Detail" control.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 16, 2008,
In My opinion...
The Vintage modern is garbage sounding
It sounds like its lacking gain, definition, a powerful tight bass end, and has a very fizzy sound texture. Money could be better spent elsewhere
Quite honestly, I tried out a Vintage Modern at Guitar Center and Sam Ash (the combo version and the half stack). I was expecting amaaaazing tones out of that thing because Paul Gilbert played them, and wow, I was quite disappointed. I played it stock with no pedals or anything, and it sounded pretty bland. Gain wasn't really gain sounding, and it was hard to get a good tone out of it.