I am a fan of either boss or dunlop pedals and effects and i was wondering if i should get a few pedals or get a pedal board instead

i stick with dunlop, MXR and boss so try and stick with those few
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
It depends, do you gig or just jam with people/play alone?

\Multi effects are genreally easier , but sometimes don't sound as good and give you less control over your sound.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Well it's alway best to get individual pedals for the best quality per effect, but a good multi fx pedal will give you lots of options. I've got one for sale in my sig, but depending on your budget you could go either way.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
i am working in a metalcore band and plan on gigging but not there yet and i always prefer quality over ease because i could always get a master pedal board that have presets
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

money is no issue cuz i have a job and im only in high school so no bills to pay
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

well u guys no wat genre i play and i love my amps distortion so any recomendations for pedals

i already have a wah wah btw
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Quote by ESPplayer6
i am working in a metalcore band and plan on gigging but not there yet and i always prefer quality over ease because i could always get a master pedal board that have presets

If you're playing metalcore you don't really need FX. So, just get a couple of individual pedals. Get a delay for starters. That's honestly all I can think of for metalcore.

On a side note, don't be close minded about brands. Just because it doesn't say MXR or Boss doesn't mean the pedal are poor. In fact I can say there are only 5-6 pedals made by each of the companies that are decent. Check out other brands, most of the best FX are made by lesser known companies.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by MorgMetal_666
Well it's alway best to get individual pedals for the best quality per effect, but a good multi fx pedal will give you lots of options. I've got one for sale in my sig, but depending on your budget you could go either way.

Why do people say this..

Take the TC Electronic G-System for example.. it's a multi-effect. It has better quality then many (nay, most) single pedals.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
if you want a multifx, get the boss gt-8, u can get em on ebay real cheap to, or in a regular store. and dont let anyone tell you they wont let you control your sound. I have one and OMG!! you can mess with settings for ever if you want, you can just keep tweeking your sound, or you can find a preset you like, maybe adjust it. you can also build from scratch. pick an amp, setting on amp, fx chain (order of virtual pedals and their setting, any thing from acoustic sim to metal muff) mic possition, type of mic, volume of mic, seriously everything!! and it has an adjustable noise gate, so it wont be noise like stomp boxes
lemmie rephrase i am in a metalcore band but i also make thrash metal so think of styles like metallica, machine head, and bullet for my valentine
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Quote by Doodleface
Why do people say this..

Take the TC Electronic G-System for example.. it's a multi-effect. It has better quality then many (nay, most) single pedals.

I have to disagree here, while the G-System is nice and sounds really good, I still think my (mostly) analog rig has a nicer sound.

as for the OP, single effects are a lot better unless you plan on shelling out serious cash for a good rack mount processor.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I use my boss gt-8 for thrash and grunge. litterally works for everything. and because of it, i have started playing other styles and become much more rounded of a player
last question

i am looking at delay but im wondering which to get

i am looking at the boss dd-3 or the MXR carbon copy analog delay
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

the carbon copy sounds better but the boss is a little more versatile, try both and see which suits you more.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by ESPplayer6
last question

i am looking at delay but im wondering which to get

i am looking at the boss dd-3 or the MXR carbon copy analog delay

For delay check out the EMPRESS Super Delay or the Moog if you have no budget. The DD-3 is an ok pedal, but isn't comparable to either of those.

You might also want to look into a chorus pedal. The MXR is and the Boss' are sterile IMO unless you get a DC-2/3 or CE-2.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
anyone wanna answer the boys question instead of debating over modeling Vs. analog.

we all have our own opinions, let the kid form his own, recomend him some products to go and try.

first of all, metal, you want some distortion, not sure if your amp has distortion/if you like it's distortion. so i'll give you a couple pedals to try, you say you like boss (people going on and on about being open mind, well, you should, but different brands have different feels, sorta like comparing a les paul to a strat, seriously people.). try a boss Ds1 great starting pedal, also try an ehx metal muff, get your hands on a tube screamer (every guitarist who uses distortion needs an od aswell). My personal choice for distortion/od is a Fulltone GT-500, but thats just me.

You'll want a chorus/flanger aswell, have a look at some old 1980's ones made by ibanez or boss, they're as good if not better then the stuff they pump out today (they're jap made aswell).

You'll want a delay, same aplies here, the old ibanez and boss pedals are fantastic.

that should get you started

Go into stores and play some of them, then leave, dont pay instore price, you'll get them so much cheaper on ebay, but you might have to wait a little while for them to come up,

good luck buddy
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive