Okay guys i need your help. I have a fender standard strat and im looking into putting these pickups into it:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP420-Virtual-Solo-Bridge-Hum-Cancelling-Strat-Pickup?sku=340007

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP175-True-Velvet-Single-Coil-Neck-Pickup?sku=360784

These are the two. I cant find the a link for the other one.

Basically, will these pickups help suit my tastes. Im into rock, some heavy metal, along with some blues and funk. Any suggestions?
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Last edited by Fleabass5 at Jul 4, 2008,
there all the same link

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

shyt my mouse is a piece of crap it might not have copied and pasted right. hang on maybe i can fix it
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
you can't link that page...
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Theres a third one i was thinking about was an area 58 DP415 which u can find on the Dimarzio website
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Last edited by Fleabass5 at Jul 4, 2008,
what kind of amp do you have. if you have a tube amp you will notice a difference if you have a solid state amp you wont notice any difference and you would be better off getting a new amp first.
I think its a hybrid not soo sure. Its a Fender FM 212R
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
Makes sense. So would u guys recommend these pickups for my playing style anyway?
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
I'd recommend a normal sized humbucker in the bridge, like a Seymour Duncan TB-11, for your heavy metal playing.
Blues and funk should exclusively be played on the neck pickup.

Get that amp upgrade first. BTW, it's not because your amp's a solid state, it's because your amp's a ****ty solid state.
Make a post in the GGA when you're ready to get a new amp, so people can help find a good one.
haha its not soo bad. It was the amp that suited what i needed at the time and in my price range. Eventually ill get a tube when i have the money. Thanx
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley