Poll: Good Idea? Bad IDea?
Poll Options
View poll results: Good Idea? Bad IDea?
Good
6 60%
Bad
4 40%
Voters: 10.
I'm just trying to get some ideas of what people think of a PRS with a set of pickups for a Les Paul. My PRS pickups are great, but I want to try something different. I like the way les pauls sound, but I don't like playing them.... so...

good idea? Bad idea?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
sure, actually PRS has a higher quality control than gibson from what ive tested out. i played two different les paul studios, same guitar just different color, and they felt and sounded completely different. id say you have a pretty good idea. what prs were you looking at getting?
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I already have a classic 22 that I love. It's bolt on so it has a little twang when used right, and I'm putting coil tapping and stuff.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Classic? I've only heard of Custom, Standard, CE, and Singlecut. It sounds like you have a CE because you said bolt-on... EDIT: I'm retarded. CE = Classic Electric, duh...

And a PRS isn't ever going to sound exactly like an LP. It will get close, but not quite. I'd replace your amp before you start fine tuning your sound with pickups...
Yeah CE is Classic. It was called a CE"Classic Electric" in the 90s when mine was made. 92 or something.

I know it won't sound exactly like it.

I'm going to college soon and I need a small small amp so I'm looking into a blackheart or something. Not great but with a speaker change and tube change that should work.

If I was going to do it though...which pups? Burstbuckers? 57's? that's more of an SG pickup.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712