Well I am probably going to buy an esp ltd ec-500 in white, its everything I am looking for but the only guitar shop that carries esp doesn't have them in. 2 people have ordered the same one as me, the first guy ordered his on the end of march and it still hasn't came in yet.

So if I order mine soon which would be in 2-3 weeks its probably going to be about 3 months before they get here.

So I was looking at another guitar store in town while my brother was getting drum lessons and I saw the gibson sg faded, a nice one in brownish color that looked awesome and when I tried playing it it felt so comfortable. But I don't know how it will do for metal like I want to play.

But then there are also good guitars in the same price range, looking at around $600-800.

Needs to be a hardtail
Needs to be able to play metal as well as some classic rock and normal rock.
Something comfortable, no crazy metal shapes because at the moment I suck at playing standing up so it needs to feel good sitting down.
Preferrably 24 frets.

If i am missing something let me know.

So any options shoot them my way.
Last edited by Copilot911 at Jul 4, 2008,
I try to keep guitar hunting to a minimum when I'm on dial-up but I'll see what I can find...

Plus now you get a free bump...
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 4, 2008,
Alright first up is the Ibanez RGT42FXQM. Neck-thru, 24 frets, cool finish, etc...

Next, it's a little over your budget, but worth considering the Ibanez RGT6EXFX. 24 frets, neck-thru, EMGs, simple...

Also there's the Jackson DKMGT. With EMGs and cheaper than the Ibanez, but bolt-on, not that much of a biggy.

If you can find a Jackson DK2T Dinky it comes with Seymour Duncans (JB and Jazz), which might prefer if your doing more than just metal. EDIT: ebay to the rescue... Also if your guitar shop is a Jackson dealer you can try out a DK2 to get an idea of the feel and then have them order a DK2T if you aren't comfortable with eBay.

That's all I got for now...
Last edited by T!AN at Jul 4, 2008,
the SG should be able to handle metal fine, just make sure if you get one that you play the guitar you are buying, because about half of the faded SGs are lemons.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by T!AN
Alright first up is the Ibanez RGT42FXQM. Neck-thru, 24 frets, cool finish, etc...

Also there's the Jackson DKMGT. With EMGs and cheaper than the Ibanez, but bolt-on, not that much of a biggy.

That's all I got for now...

Thanks a lot, the DKMGT seems like what I want, I was originally going to buy a Jackson DKMG but then when I went to the store I really liked the ltd ec-500. Though that first ibanez does look good too. How are the pickups? Sorry I don't know much about hardware except that emg actives are pretty good for what I want to do. There are so many other pickup brands that I don't know whats good, except emgs, seymour duncans and dimarzio's

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the SG should be able to handle metal fine, just make sure if you get one that you play the guitar you are buying, because about half of the faded SGs are lemons.

Yeah I will have to try, it will probably depend on the amp too right. I am probably only looking at spending around $300 on an amp, maybe a bit more. I was looking at the peavey valveking 112 but I have heard mixed reviews.

I guess I can eventually switch the pups out, I have only been playing guitar for 3 weeks, but when I buy the guitar it will be more like 6 weeks but I still don't think I will be able to play metal well enough that the SG won't work. Then by the time I do get good enough to play metal well I will have enough money to switch out the pickups.

But this is a really hard choice, I am going to have to see how comfortable the jackson is, the sg was soo comfortable because of how tapered it got at the top where you rest your arm. The jackson is just a straight edge.
Last edited by Copilot911 at Jul 4, 2008,
I think you would be better off getting a $300-$500 guitar and a $500+ amp, because the amp will have a lot more of an effect on your overall sound.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well I will probably spend more on an amp, I have a job so its really just how much I want to spend on an amp. I really want a guitar I can have for a while and not have to replace for a few years.