okay, what OD pedal would sound closest to the Twin Reverb's gain channel?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
I think Boss makes/made a pedal that models the Twin Reverb, although that's not really an OD it might be worth trying if you see it in a store. Other than that you're going to have a pretty hard time getting that sound out of a pedal, what amp are you using?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
no such thing as Twin Reverb gain channel
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713

+1
Quote by Otsugua713

Yeah, I'm just sort of assuming he means overdriven normal channel.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by imgooley
+1

True but like all tube amps it does OD if you crank it hard enough. Very difficult sound to emulate with a pedal, i guess the boss pedal might be good enough, i do like their Deluxe Reverb model on the Cube 60, it has a nice tube like grit to it
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
yeah an overdriven Twin Reverb.

Also I tried the Boss modeling pedal it didnt work, it was too muddy.

Also, I am goingto be running this through my dad's Ampeg Gemini 1x12 (its in my profile if yall dont believe me).

We love you. God Bless.
what about the fuzz from the Fender Fuzz-Wah?

I am actually looking for a wah also.

But would the fuzz come close to an overdriven TR (Twin Reverb)?

We love you. God Bless.
and the ampeg amp doesnt break up if its loud enough?...if you cant crank it id get like a clean boost to push it into light overdrive
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
I dont want to crank it. its 40 yrs old and hasnt been retubed...ever. But nonetheless, I am going to retube soon. I have to wait 'til next week, b/c the only place that can retube it is closed for the whole week of the fourth, and I have to wait for the tubes to get here anyway. I had to order them in. So they're busy shipping.

But yes, it will be retubed, most likely by next friday at the latest.

^ if it wasnt the case, I would try your suggestion Guevarra.

We love you. God Bless.
*bump*

*reports himself for bumping*

We love you. God Bless.
Fuzz wah wont do the trick for you, it would be too full on....Try getting something like the EHX LPB1 and using it to push the amp harder until it overdrives naturally, that's the only way you'll get that twin reverb type OD. It's near impossible to get a pedal that will simulate the sound of a Twin Reverb on 10
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Lovepedal Woodrow or Les Lius, if you can find them. The woodrow isn't terribly expensive but it's not made anymore.
Also a Fulltone OCD will get you a bit there, however the LP is closer to an overdriven tweed...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
There is no Boss pedal for the Twin.

If you want to nitpick, theres a few models of Twin Reverbs that have a gain channel, but nothing relatively spectacular.

Colin, are you sure about the woodrow? i've never doubted your opinion before but i was always under the assumption it was a 5E3 based pedal.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by neptune1988
I dont want to crank it. its 40 yrs old and hasnt been retubed...ever. But nonetheless, I am going to retube soon. I have to wait 'til next week, b/c the only place that can retube it is closed for the whole week of the fourth, and I have to wait for the tubes to get here anyway. I had to order them in. So they're busy shipping.

But yes, it will be retubed, most likely by next friday at the latest.

^ if it wasnt the case, I would try your suggestion Guevarra.

You're not going to hurt the amp or the tubes by cranking it. Just go ahead. If anything, you'll be able to crank it further because some of the power is long gone.

Quote by Gabel
Also a Fulltone OCD will get you a bit there, however the LP is closer to an overdriven tweed...

I was going to suggest this. Some of these other pedals I've never used might be better, but the Ampeg itself has a wonderful tone, and a transparent OD like the OCD should work extremely well with it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by igotabcrich32
Colin, are you sure about the woodrow? i've never doubted your opinion before but i was always under the assumption it was a 5E3 based pedal.

I was thinking of the Super 6, actually. The woodrow does have a similar character when turned down, so it would still work. Thanks for checking me on that though- the Super 6 is the right pedal for the job.
NO WIERDO BRANDS

(i.e. no Fulltone, Mutron, Maxon, Rocktron, etc.)

only brands that every GC would have.

(i.e. Boss, Digitech, EHX, MXR, etc.)

sorry if I sound rude, but down here, we only have the main brands.

again, sorry.

Also, I am wanting an OD that go from transparent (almost clean) to a slight 80's-crunch with a bright trebley voicing. Think the OD heard on David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel" as the max gain and early 60's (JA, Byrds, Zombies) as the min gain.

We love you. God Bless.
^Seriously, if you want a transparent OD, get a Fulltone OCD. Do you dare to try without buying? You do! I bought one from th OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD without EVER having tried it a single time, I recieved and loved it so much that I got a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (never having tried one earlier either!). Seriously! Otherwise, get a Maxon OD9 (it's like an Ibanez TS808, but better).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

why does everyone on here buy based solely on a whim?

' I'm going to buy an amp because it looks good.

*2 weeks later*

wow, I just threw away $500 on a ****** amp. oh well. money well spent."

^such is UG's mentality.

We love you. God Bless.
Oh stop being so bloody beige and go do something exciting.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by neptune1988
why does everyone on here buy based solely on a whim?

' I'm going to buy an amp because it looks good.

*2 weeks later*

wow, I just threw away $500 on a ****** amp. oh well. money well spent."

^such is UG's mentality.

Don't make a thread if you're not going to listen to any of the advice given to you.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^Not only good, but awesome!

Why did I buy the Fulltone OCD? Well to start with I heard great things from guys around here (guys I TRUST), I heard great things from Rocker 30 owners about it (both here and on the Orange forum) and checked up on the artists that used it (Robin Trower being one) which to me felt that I could count it was a good pedal. You can buy things without having tried them, living here in Sweden, I often have to do that. People here say it's a big nono, but it isn't. You just have to do your research and everything will be FINE!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^Not only good, but awesome!

Why did I buy the Fulltone OCD? Well to start with I heard great things from guys around here (guys I TRUST), I heard great things from Rocker 30 owners about it (both here and on the Orange forum) and checked up on the artists that used it (Robin Trower being one) which to me felt that I could count it was a good pedal. You can buy things without having tried them, living here in Sweden, I often have to do that. People here say it's a big nono, but it isn't. You just have to do your research and everything will be FINE!

Disclaimer: Everything may not be fine.

I agree with you 100% that blind buying isn't as bad as it's made out to be, but there is still a chance you could end up with the wrong piece of kit even if you do all the research. I think we all remember Jack and his blues jr fiasco
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I think Boss makes/made a pedal that models the Twin Reverb, although that's not really an OD it might be worth trying if you see it in a store. Other than that you're going to have a pretty hard time getting that sound out of a pedal, what amp are you using?

Those pedals are fail in a small package.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Disclaimer: Everything may not be fine.

I agree with you 100% that blind buying isn't as bad as it's made out to be, but there is still a chance you could end up with the wrong piece of kit even if you do all the research. I think we all remember Jack and his blues jr fiasco

Yeah you have a point there. However, if you do what I did, which is extensive research, also listening to clips and so on, it will be fine. But yeah, it can go wrong!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band