Hey. me and my friend are thinking of getting some cabs. up the ante of our live shows a bit. we've already got a 1000w PA system so we need to step it up with the amps instead of just kickin the 60 watts.
so we're thinking of getting the BGA1 and the B412GR. we were just looking through the new guitar world buyers guid and saw these so we thought we'd investigate some more. we've never used cabs or heads before so we're pretty much n00bs lol.

so we're just asking, are the BGA1 and the B412GR compatible (sp?) with one another?
and do the people of UG think this is a good decision.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

My friend uses a Basson 4x12 cabinet with his 5150, it sounds really good.

These heads are really new though and you probably won't find one on the used market, and for the money you could probably do better. The cabinets are great, but what sort of music do you guys play?

Also it might not be a good idea for you to both have identical heads, because if you EQ them similarly they won't cut as well live.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9

Also it might not be a good idea for you to both have identical heads, because if you EQ them similarly they won't cut as well live.

i think that is bullcrap unless they play the exact same guitar, exact same strings. exact same touch, and the wood of the guitars are EXACTLY identical. No, even then i think that would be bullcrap.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i think that is bullcrap unless they play the exact same guitar, exact same strings. exact same touch, and the wood of the guitars are EXACTLY identical. No, even then i think that would be bullcrap.

Well, we can agree to disagree. I think two guitarists using identical heads isn't that great of an idea.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
Well, we can agree to disagree. I think two guitarists using identical heads isn't that great of an idea.

i dont think its a great idea, i just highly doubt its going to cause Phase cancellation, as that only happens when two sound waves are %100 identical.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i dont think its a great idea, i just highly doubt its going to cause Phase cancellation, as that only happens when two sound waves are %100 identical.

When did I mention anything about phase cancellation? Never. All I said was that they might have a hard time cutting together live. Live could mean on stage or at practice, having a hard time telling them apart from one another. Personally I find that different amplifiers can complement each other better than two of the same. And if you don't think its a good idea either, why even question it?
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
well we play hard rock and a bit of metal and a bit of punk.

so you guys both think it would be a better idea to get different heads?
would that even work? like, say a blackstar head with a basson cab? or something like that?

lol sorry we're total n00bs at this
As long as the ohms match it doesn't matter who made it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
dude you can run what ever head into whatever cab as long as the ohms are the same and basson cabs get 2 and buy to different types of heads i agree using 2 different amps usually thickens up the sound cause one amp might fill out other frequencies better and if your ever recording you have more tone options also it like each guitar will have more of a character or personality
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12