Well it basicaly describes it self in the title, my pick scrapes or slides down the strings sound nuthing like the should. Any Advice, i know this is a really simple task but i jsut can't get it to sound good.

Thanks
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
when amplified? you need lots of gain
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
If your strings don't have much winding on them that might be a problem. I use extra slinkies so pick slides usually don't work too well for me.
You have to scrape pretty hard and when you`re pick sliding your pick has to be in a little angle. Check out on YouTube.

Muse - Citizen Erased live Zenith. In the intro you can see a close-up while the guitarist is doing a pick-slide (really slow but might help)
Make sure you are using a thin enough pick too, thick ones won't get in the cracks of the strings and grind enough.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I feel like my pick slides have a lot more power to them if you do it on 2 strings, and reallly go far down on the neck.

And plenty of gain and treble.
Also make sure you're not pushing the strings down so hard they hit the frets, I know it's something obvious but I've corrected one or two people on, and I even did it myself when beginning.

But other than that, thiner picks, wound strings, gain, treble are all things that are good for pick slides.
You don't need thin picks to do them, or thick strings. I use .09 strings and 2mm picks and they sound fine. It's really just a matter of finding out the correct way to do ONe way to do them to get an interesting sound is to do them on the unwound strings.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Dudage
Make sure you are using a thin enough pick too, thick ones won't get in the cracks of the strings and grind enough.

too thin won't do the job at all... you'll just cut the pick in 2
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Yeah, you need a fairly thick pick or your just gonna wear it away
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Also, as no-one else has mentioned, depending on where you start sliding, it may help to use the bridge pickup. I struggled with slides until I realised I was using the neck pup and starting the slide near the bridge. I wondered why the noise was going up instead of down...

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Do you mean you were starting the slide at the nut?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
New Strings?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Bassically, use the bridge pickup. Slide on only one or two strings such as the a and d from the bridge to the nut. Do this fairly lightly but try and "grind" the pick as you slide.
Use the bridge pickup. Also, go SLOWLY. The slower you go, the more brutal it sounds. By doin this you can get an awesome pick scrape even on a clean setting. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it can make
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey