Man it pisses me off when I search for guitar stuff and I find stupid ass "guitar hero" stuff instead.

I looked up "wirless guitar" and I found a bunch of xbox 360 controllers for guitar hero.

Anyways, has anyone tried this before? Whats the quality like? I keep tripping over my cable and I know one of these days I'm gonna ram my headstock into my dresser by accident and it'll be sad.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
I'd say one of the advantages of going wireless is that you won't risk getting electrocuted due to faulty generators or something.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
if your just in your bedroom i wouldn't see much point to be honest, unless you got £100 to spend. For onstage, it could be helpful, just make sure that there is nothing else on your frequesncy. Also the set-up could get complicated with floor pedals.

Have fun!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
For shows you cant beat it. Although test them before because they are prone to problems! They also sell wireless adapter things that have a better signal that cables! (or at least thats what I heard from the GC guy). The batteries also do not last too long
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I have a Guitarbug by AKG. Absolutely love it. I'm just a living room rocker, but it's so nice not worrying about yanking on a cable. And no worries hooking it up to my pedal chain either. The signal drops once in a while, but I'm talking a split second drop once or twice in a 2 hour playing session, and it could be my output doing it, and not the wireless.
I'm going with drossboot here. I have an AKG Guitar Bug too, and I think it works great!! I've tried other brands..sennhieser, nady...and had zero luck. For whatever reason, when I use systems with a body pack and they come in contact with me, I have loads of trouble. The Guitar Bug never comes in contact with you at all.
The only downside is you have to stick a small piece of velcro on your guitar, and if you're really anal about stuff like that don't bother. I was kinda reluctant to put it on my '87 Charvel Model 4 & my '87 Ibanez 540 R but I'm a gigging musician & i figured the hell with it...they were meant to be played and I want to be cable free, so I did it.
Go with the Guitar Bug...you'll be happy for sure.
Oh yeh, another warning...use GOOD batteries!!! These things are real finicky about that...I use the Energizer Lithium ones and the signal is always strong.
they're great if you have $500+ to spend on a quality setup, the cheap ones however are really crappy and not worth it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have the X2 stompbox version that I gig with regularly and it is great. Doesn't lose sounds, doesn't pick up any excess noise from stage lighting. Sounds like a cable connection
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by fretboarddragon
I'm going with drossboot here. I have an AKG Guitar Bug too, and I think it works great!! I've tried other brands..sennhieser, nady...and had zero luck. For whatever reason, when I use systems with a body pack and they come in contact with me, I have loads of trouble. The Guitar Bug never comes in contact with you at all.
The only downside is you have to stick a small piece of velcro on your guitar, and if you're really anal about stuff like that don't bother. I was kinda reluctant to put it on my '87 Charvel Model 4 & my '87 Ibanez 540 R but I'm a gigging musician & i figured the hell with it...they were meant to be played and I want to be cable free, so I did it.
Go with the Guitar Bug...you'll be happy for sure.
Oh yeh, another warning...use GOOD batteries!!! These things are real finicky about that...I use the Energizer Lithium ones and the signal is always strong.

Ya, I had a bodypack too, and it sucked. Granted, I got it from a pawn shop, and it had been beat around a bit. I use my bug with a Strat, so the velcro is not an issue, although I did put some on my other guitars. I like that it can be used at different angles though. It'll fit anything.