Alright here's the problem:

anyone from the relationship thread knows, so just ask them.

But for those of you that dont know,

how do you stop thinking about your old flames? or is it one of those things that haunts you your whole life?
For me, the best way to get over someone is to find a new one. It's harder at first, but keeps my mind occupied away from things it shouldn't be on.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I ended up back with my ex girlfriend. Definitely worth it though. I'd say those thoughts might not go away until you find a new girl.
Quote by stinger12345
For me, the best way to get over someone is to find a new one. It's harder at first, but keeps my mind occupied away from things it shouldn't be on.

Usually rebounds don't last very long and are unfulfilling though
well you will always carry something with you forever
but over time the pain and memories and stuff just kinda go away
it's all about playing the waiting game!
The first two statements and make sure you spend lots of time with your friends and socialize(sp?) alot. It's hard man. I still haven't ever been able to do it. But **** helps.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
get drunk and **** someone else
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
alchohol, and lots of it

Only time can help you

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
i wish i knew too...i thought i moved on, but i still keep hoping that someday my ex will want to be with me again...
Quote by Twist of fate
So it doesnt feel like scraping your penis on sidewalk

my gear
Ibanez GRX40 guitar
Roland Cube 60 Amp
Ibanez IBZ10G Amp

Member of
[bThe UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)
Quote by clown_phobia
Usually rebounds don't last very long and are unfulfilling though

Very true. But that's if you rebound for the sake of rebounding, which I try to avoid
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

i dont drink and cant drink even if I wanted to, I'm on meds for anxiety, stress and OCD. Im not going to take a chance on something that may jeopardize my life.

Also, this isnt just an old flame. She was my first love. We never went out or nothing.

long story, here we go.

We were both in ROTC for 4 yrs, and got as close as you could get. She was probably my best friend. We did everything together and we helped each other when we were in a bind, all the relationshippy stuff without technically going out. And when we did hang out we were only doing it through ROTC. But still.

I asked her out, but she declined every time. She said her parents wouldnt late her date 'til after hs. We remained good friends. But after we graduated we lost contact. long distance.

Anyway, I cant stop thinking about her.

"Young girl, get out of my mind" (old song from way back).
Quote by stinger12345
Very true. But that's if you rebound for the sake of rebounding, which I try to avoid

True.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
its ironic... i was acutally make a thread about this tonight. I'm having the same problem. I've considered trying to get with someone else but I think thats only like a temporary solution to a bigger problem...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by neptune1988
i dont drink and cant drink even if I wanted to, I'm on meds for anxiety, stress and OCD. Im not going to take a chance on something that may jeopardize my life.

Also, this isnt just an old flame. She was my first love. We never went out or nothing.

long story, here we go.

We were both in ROTC for 4 yrs, and got as close as you could get. She was probably my best friend. We did everything together and we helped each other when we were in a bind, all the relationshippy stuff without technically going out. And when we did hang out we were only doing it through ROTC. But still.

I asked her out, but she declined every time. She said her parents wouldnt late her date 'til after hs. We remained good friends. But after we graduated we lost contact. long distance.

In this case you could probably call her or send an email or something
Chances are she's going through the same thing. If what you two shared was special enough this is at the top of her mind man. Contact her anyway you can. She'd be happy to hear from you.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
I'm a gentleman, so I give them a proper re-burial.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by neptune1988

long story, here we go.

call her. if you cant reach her, try to get on with your life; you may meet someone else who is refreshing and makes you feel good, but not if you are dwelling on what could have been.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Move on. She might have thought of you as a good friend. Once you get into the friend zone, it's hard to get things kicking. You'll meet other girls. Go to Starbucks and try to spark up conversations with other girls... you never know.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by neptune1988
Alright here's the problem:

anyone from the relationship thread knows, so just ask them.

But for those of you that dont know,

how do you stop thinking about your old flames? or is it one of those things that haunts you your whole life?

Just do things you enjoy. remove everything you have of her and throw it out.

Finally the best thing to do is get really drunk, phone them up and sing ''I PEED MYSELF'' and wake up the next day thinking you can never speak to them again. Works like a charm.
i would say start drinking and bottle up your emotions, but thats bad for your health so......

........... start welding
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!