Any fans of the band?

I've become obsessed with their "Impeccable Blahs" album and the latest one "The Wishes and the Glitch" is pretty impressive as well. It's basically just one guy in the band, and some friends collaborate with him in each album.

This is basically blowing my mind, it's clean pop hooks with some of the best geeky/quirky/smartass lyrics I've read.

I simply love it.
she
just
happens
to
date
the
prince
of
darkness
Picked up a few albums over the past few years but haven't listened to them in a quite some time. Heard about the name change, don't like it, thought 'Say Hi To Your Mom' was pretty original whereas 'Say Hi' sounds more like a song The Go! Team would play.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
They'll always be Say Hi To Your Mom in my heart.
she
just
happens
to
date
the
prince
of
darkness
I don't understand why they took the "To Your Mom" off their name.

It's probably something legal or something.

But anyways. I've never really listened to them. Maybe I should.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Well actually, they (or he, to be specific) said the "To Your Mom" part didn't reflect the vibe of the band anymore. So it's not really legal, apparently, they grew up.

THE BASTARDS~!
she
just
happens
to
date
the
prince
of
darkness
Quote by SugarRush66
^^ The Go! Team thing better not be an insult ...

Ah so what if it was!

As for the name, it was a bit kiddy (as in young) with 'to your mom' stuck on the end so I can half understand it. You'd think they'd change the name completely though wouldn't you? Say Hi is a bit crap on its lonesome.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
the only song of theirs ive actually heard it northwestern girls, which is pretty solid. i really need to check out their albums. would you recommend their earlier stuff (say hi to your mom music) or the more recent album (say hi)
i really like the song "hooplas involving circus trick". its a damn catchy song.

if you go to their website, they have like 3-4 mp3s from each of their albums you can download for free.

Edit: Also, their song "Yeah, I'm In Love With An Android" is hilarious and brilliantly written. It makes me laugh.
Last edited by Burdell at Jul 7, 2008,
they are pretty good
i saw them live it was cool
kind of depressing lyrics hidden under dancy pop music, sort of strange
I need to get some. I've liked what I've heard.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by madefortvmovie
the only song of theirs ive actually heard it northwestern girls, which is pretty solid. i really need to check out their albums. would you recommend their earlier stuff (say hi to your mom music) or the more recent album (say hi)

Well, they have only released one album under the Say Hi moniker, "The Wishes and the Glitch" and it's good, especially "Northwestern Girls" and "Spiders".

My favorite album of theirs is "Impeccable Blahs", it's kinda of a concept album as it revolves around the vampires theme but the lyrics are just amazing, it's so not what would you expect from an album about vampires. "These Fangs", "She Just Happens to Date the Prince of Darkness", "Reigning Champions of the Teething Crowd", "Sad, but Endearingly So" are my fav tracks but in all honesty, the album is class top to bottom.

My second favorite album from them is "Numbers & Mumbles", most of their known work comes from it too. "Let's Talk About Spaceships", "But She Beat my High Score", "Hooplas Involving Circus Tricks", etc. Another top to bottom incredible album, not one bad track on it.
she
just
happens
to
date
the
prince
of
darkness
Quote by element4433
I need to get some. I've liked what I've heard.

Same.

My favorite songs are "She Beat My High Score" and "Let's Talk About Spaceships". I'm gonna check out the stuff on their site.
they guys in the band are totally laid back too. i chilled with them after one of their shows, and eric elbogen is just the sweetest guy (no homo )

i've loved them since their first album though.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Say hi (to your mom) is great. my fav and probably their best album is Numbers & Mumbles. just loved it
the impeccable blahs is my favorite album.
i'm pretty sad that they dropped "to your mom" off their name.
Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possibility.

This will linger.
xxx