Huh. I searched and didn't find a thread for this movie, strangely enough. I could have swore I saw one in the past, but it brought up nothing.

Anyway, who's saw the movie? Did you like it? Agree with it? Change anything from it?

I know I'm seriously thinking about getting out more. I mean, I've known for a while now (a good six months or so) that I should be excercising more, and not eating as much, which, granted, isn't A LOT, but it's probably more than I should. I also haven't been to a McDonald's in about a year, but it's not because of this movie, because I JUST got through watching it. It's mostly because I didn't trust it anymore. The more I thought about it, the less tempting it became, and the more it just seemed like ooze on a bun.

I also I know there won't be a HUGE immediate change. I'll still eat fast food, which isn't very often to begin with, and if I do it'll be Subway, Burger King, or Chik-Fil-A, which all I usually get anyway. I'm going to try my best to just ease into it as best I can.

But, enough of my wall of text.

Discuss.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I liked it, but there should have been a sex scene in my opinion.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Fast food becomes a problem when you abuse it, like he does in the movie. Eating it once in a while won't matter, at least not that much.

The problem he tries to show in that documentary is how some people get obsessed about it and end up taking big portions day after day. Top to that inactivity, and you've got someone in trouble. For example when I go to McDonalds, there's this fat dude that listens to his radio and eat. Thing is, everytime I go he's there. He actually LIVES there and eat there ALL the time, every single days. And before McDo, he used to do that at Harveys before it closed down, which is when he litteraly moved to the McDonald. Or there's always this lady eating at Subways every nights too. That's too much. And I'm not from the US, so it's not just the US, altho it's more predominant there.

There's a clear obesity problem right now, and most of it come from the parents(you often see a family with fat parents and fat kids. It's rarely one person in the family.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by TooFast
I liked it, but there should have been a sex scene in my opinion.

agreed, with the guy and his girlfriend in a bed covered in french fries
Quote by fallenangel20
I'll still eat fast food, which isn't very often to begin with, and if I do it'll be Subway, Burger King, or Chik-Fil-A, which all I usually get anyway

McDonalds > Burger King. Where I live, the Burger King sucks most of the time. When I go there, it's like they just slapped my food together as fast as they could. Sometimes it's good.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 4, 2008,
It gives you a good idea of how badly fast food ****s you up. I'm glad he didn't decide to do that for longer than 30 days though, or else he'd be ****ed sooo hard. I try to slow down on my fast food but it's hard. Just because I used to be all about the relationship between skinniness and health. And ignorant me went a while believing they were hand in hand. But as I started to eat fast food multiple times A DAY and still never gained weight, I realized there must not be a link between them. Morgan Spurlock is a good documentary maker. Unlike McDonald's loving Michael Moore, Spurlock isn't a little douchebag snake.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

We had to watch it in health. TBH I'm so pissed at people who blame obesity on Mcdonald's. I eat at mcdonald's every chance I can and I'm underweight. Seriously it's not the food it's how you balance it with excersise. And about it causing heart attacks well that's just ...

hnnnnnnnngggggnnnnnnggggghh
Quote by Leonheart
Sup fallenangel20.

Also, Mcdonalds sucks. I mean even negating all the moral things wrong with it, it's just inferior to Burger King/Wendys/TacoBell.

I eat out (lul) about once a year too, lol.

Jon!

Anyway.... ¬_¬

Truth. That was another reason why I stopped eating it. BK has the BEST fast food chicken sandwich, outside of chicken dominant resturaunts, like Chik-Fil-A, KFC, Zaxby's, etc. The Tendercrisp is all I ever really eat from BK, anyway. I haven't had a burger in ages.

Also, I forgot to mention that I never REALLY eat fast food outside of about once a week. I've eaten more here lately because I've been out of the house more, and when I DO eat fast food, I try and make it Subway 90% of the time.

Even though I DO eat the most calorie packed sandwich, according to the napkins (sweet onion chicken teriyaki. ).

Saxo-Walrus

i think it's stupid when people sue these companies. it's not like ronald mcdonald came up to them with a gun and said eat my ****ing big mac or i'll ****ing kill you. wtf?
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i think it's stupid when people sue these companies. it's not like ronald mcdonald came up to them with a gun and said eat my ****ing big mac or i'll ****ing kill you. wtf?

I agree partially, it IS the person's fault for choosing to eat there, but there are a lot of mental things that go into it (commercials, stuff in the food, etc.) and fast food IS part of the obesity problem in this country, and the entire world, for that matter.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
I agree partially, it IS the person's fault for choosing to eat there, but there are a lot of mental things that go into it (commercials, stuff in the food, etc.) and fast food IS part of the obesity problem in this country, and the entire world, for that matter.

But what's stopping them from jumping on a treadmill every once in a while?
Quote by fallenangel20

They do have a part. An extremely SMALL part. People can't keep leaning on the companies and blaming them. I level of responsiblity i'd say is 5% company, 95% self.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by jsbud11
But what's stopping them from jumping on a treadmill every once in a while?

Well, if they eat fast food A LOT, chances are they aren't in the BEST shape, so they're more prone to being lazy, and also more prone to depression and mood swings.

When you're lazy and depressed, I'm PRETTY sure a treadmill is the last thing on your mind, even if it will produce endorphins and cause a better mood.

Saxo-Walrus

Taco Bell uses Grade B meat. I don't think you can buy meat that poor in quality in stores. As for McDonalds, I never ate there much because the food is shyte.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?