hey all
a friend of mine gave me his BC RICH Warlock [Afterburner model] and told me about a few problems it had. most i fixed quite easily.
one thing though, the volume pot had become loose, and he had continued to play with it, and the wires had come off it.
i resoldered them on, in what i think as the correct way. There was a large RED wire and a large BLACK wire, which i believe come from the pickups.
i soldered the RED wire to the Volume pot, on the top sectin of it, where there is a spot of solder for other wires as well.
i soldered the BLACK wire t one of the small tabs on the volume pot, where it appeared to have some solder, giving evidence of one of the wires coming off it.
the guitar is a 2 humbucker, 3 way switch, 1 volume, 2 tone set up.
it has no strings on it, so i cant really tell if i did this right or not, but there is a buzzing sound when i plug it in, and on all 3 selections, the volume pots work fine and give noticeable difference in sound to the pickups.
so im wondering, did i do this right? or did i screw up?
are the pickups supposed to be buzzing so much when there are no strings on the guitar?
thanks in advance
You're supposed to do it the other way arround, the black wire on top and the red on the place where it broke off.

I think that'll fix the buzzing
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Last edited by pinguinpanic at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by pinguinpanic
You're supposed to do it the other way arround, the black ware on top and the red on the place where it broke off.

I think that'll fix the buzzing

cheers, i'll try that now.
now theres no sound coming through AT ALL except for buzzing. not even when i tap it, the black is now on the volume, the red on the tab. sure its not the other way around? the black wire was the only one coming from the pickups, the red one goes to the tone pot. mistake in the thread
Quote by geek_core
hey all
a friend of mine gave me his BC RICH Warlock [Afterburner model] and told me about a few problems it had. most i fixed quite easily.
one thing though, the volume pot had become loose, and he had continued to play with it, and the wires had come off it.
i resoldered them on, in what i think as the correct way. There was a large RED wire and a large BLACK wire, which i believe come from the pickups.
i soldered the RED wire to the Volume pot, on the top sectin of it, where there is a spot of solder for other wires as well.
i soldered the BLACK wire t one of the small tabs on the volume pot, where it appeared to have some solder, giving evidence of one of the wires coming off it.
the guitar is a 2 humbucker, 3 way switch, 1 volume, 2 tone set up.
it has no strings on it, so i cant really tell if i did this right or not, but there is a buzzing sound when i plug it in, and on all 3 selections, the volume pots work fine and give noticeable difference in sound to the pickups.
so im wondering, did i do this right? or did i screw up?
are the pickups supposed to be buzzing so much when there are no strings on the guitar?
thanks in advance
sounds wrong.
i didn't think rich had any guitars with 1 volume 2 tone arrangement.
if it was 2 volume 1 tone, this diagram might help.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.