So I was given an old beat up squire to "repair" and use. Truth be told its not worth it to repair, but i opened it up and under the pickups was painted this symbol:

Just curious if anyone knows what this means, the person who gave it to me was a friend and respectable person, but apparently the seller was sketchy. Any ideas?
Hmm, that's neat, maybe the guitar is like in a secret order of guitars or something.
As long as it doesn't mean something dumb, I might paint it in my guitars' control cavities

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
im pretty sure its a japanese symbol, either from the kanji or katakana script.
i cant remember which one though
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Haha that's actually really cool. I wonder where it originated.
crazy talking animals
this is so mysterious and fun. i feel like i'm in a book....i mean movie or video game... please don't beat me up
Quote by tona_107
this is so mysterious and fun. i feel like i'm in a book....i mean movie or video game... please don't beat me up

*beats up tona*
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
I would imagine that it's probably just a marking from the factory where it was made. Check this out:

In the bridge pickup cavity in my Epiphone LP, there is a random "4" written. My Epi was made in Korea, not China, if that makes a difference. The "4" is under the lacquer, and so must have been done at the factory for some reason. I imagine yours is the same. Check if it's under the lacquer. If it is, then it's highly probable that it's just a marking used at the factory. If it's not, then it might have been applied by the previous owner (still may have been done at the factory, but less likely iff it's on top of the laquer). I think, because these cheap production plants bang out so many guitars every day, they probably go around drawing numbers on the blanks etc, so that the workers know what goes with what, etc.
Come to think of it, the underside of the pickguard on my new MIM Tele has a "J" written on it in pencil.
crazy talking animals
its a nine in japanese
Quote by Lolcheez324
Oh yeah looks like kyu for 9. If it was ka for a name the hook woukd be pointing the other direction
Please don't post in dead threads.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!