Poll: can you sing high notes well?
Poll Options
View poll results: can you sing high notes well?
I can hit very high notes easily ( can go about as High as Robert Plant
41 19%
i can hit the high notes but can't go up really high
69 32%
i can barely hit the high notes
44 20%
i can't even sing that high
63 29%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 2
I just want to know what the percentage of guys that can sing high notes well. People that didn't go through puberty yet doesn't count. I can sing high notes with falsetto, but its a little bit raspy and I can't hit the really high notes.

Also if I try to extend my range, can i mess up my vocal chords?
I'm practically Barry Gibb are you kidding me? Falsetto ftw.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Robert Plant sings moderately high, I guess.. But I can think of singers that can hit much higher notes...
sup?
My voice is very low, and it hurts to sing high at all UNLESS I'm doing it in an operatic voice, which can be very awkward.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
i don't know how to sing.

instead god blessed me with the ability to beat the ocarina of time in less than 10 hours
i can go up to an A, first string 5th fret. i also can disguise my falsetto a bit
Yuss, it really helps with backing vocals, you can hit those high RnB notes, or those bittersweet harmonies, but when I sing lead, it comes off as a bit pre-pubescent. I've been told its Neil Young-esque, so I guess that's kind of cool. I always dug his voice.
I falsetto alot
it helps since i listen to alot of muse and jamiroquai and try to sing along (CAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME)

my band does this cover of Jackson 5's "I want you back" live, and after the bridge I like to ascend my voice to the highest pitch i can sing

and since i practice falsetto and stuff, it's gotten less scratchy sounding over time, i'm able to control it a lot better

it's fun to sing all high and stuff, it never ceases to make people think "goddamn, dude. where's your balls" or well, its just the look on people's faces that i get is pretty funny
I'm a baritone singer. But with falsetto, and only with falsetto, can I hit higher notes.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I'm the opposite, I'm a bass, the highest note I can hit (warmed up) is E after middle C (open high e string). And falsetto I can go about an octave above that, that's all folks. Nothing remarkable. I can hit the E two octaves below middle C though, which is pretty darn low.
Last edited by st.stephen at Jul 4, 2008,
I can match Alice in Chains stuff, but thats about as high as I can go. And even some of that stuff I can't hit.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Despite the fact I can basically sing like Barry Gibb, I wish I could go as low as Barry White too. Those two guys, such a conflict for me, cause I love both of their voices, yet I wouldn't be able to decide who's to have.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
I can sing ok I suppose. Well better than some singers I know... But I can't go too high.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I can sing falsetto, but my voice is kind of in the middle (tenor, counter tenor)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I dont know, ive got a really low voice, and a really uber high voice

theres nothing inbetween really. People have a misunderstanding that people who can sing high like phil collins etc do o with their cheast voice, its mianly their head voice (as in like falsetto) but more ressonance and projection. Which comes with practice!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by GentlyWeeps
Yuss, it really helps with backing vocals, you can hit those high RnB notes, or those bittersweet harmonies, but when I sing lead, it comes off as a bit pre-pubescent. I've been told its Neil Young-esque, so I guess that's kind of cool. I always dug his voice.

I actually kinda have the same thing going on. I have a great voice for backgrounds, but I sound really immature when I sing lead.
I'm a tenor, so I can already hit some high notes with my chest voice, but my falsetto isn't as developed as I like.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I was part of choir so I can hit high notes any time

Its handy when you do backing vocals but not when singing lead
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I go from (on guitar, with E at the start of the scale) E1 (D# if I'm really on) to C#3 (maybe higher).

This is not to say I can sing really well for that whole range. Clean singing works pretty well for most of it, but the growly rock stuff probably cuts off between C2 and E3.
Quote by smb
Smoking FTL.

It's the opposite for me, since I started smoking, I've noticed I'm able to hit higher notes, after some practice, I was able to do it more clearly, I'm not saying smoking helped or anything though.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by lpmarshall
I just want to know what the percentage of guys that can sing high notes well. People that didn't go through puberty yet doesn't count. I can sing high notes with falsetto, but its a little bit raspy and I can't hit the really high notes.

Also if I try to extend my range, can i mess up my vocal chords?

i can do a Early Tom Araya type of high pitch scream but nothing related to singing...oh yeah and Falsettos are the ****! wish i could falsetto...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
I can only sing bass and tenor, but I can hit really really high notes in falsetto.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i've got a kicking falcetto but i can't do midrange very well, therefore i can only do backign vocals
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Supermassive Black Hole is about as high as I can go, maybe a bit higher on a good day.

I can hardly get a sound out trying to do Micro Cuts.
Page 1 of 2