Page 1 of 13
Anyone fail to hang on to this the first time they tried to play? This is my second shot at it.
For some reason I feel like if I can really be in it for the long haul I would have never have stopped. But then again I have a few friends that are pretty damn good but hardly play since we graduated....................
Guess we will see.
Nope, I never gave up. There's been times when I haven't played for a while, but that's because I didn't have time. Just keep at it, it may seem like you'll never learn but you will.
Quote by low-fidelity
Anyone fail to hang on to this the first time they tried to play? This is my second shot at it.
For some reason I feel like if I can really be in it for the long haul I would have never have stopped. But then again I have a few friends that are pretty damn good but hardly play since we graduated....................
Guess we will see.

Well its not giving up is it, really? You just aren't playing for a while. That isn't giving up.
Quote by soulflyV
They are a minority y'know.

If you ever meet a welder on the bus, give up your seat for him. I mean, where would we be without them?

In a city made of wood, or god forbid, tofu.

All praise the welder!
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Maybe you're not dedicated and guitar is not for you. I think if you really liked guitar and it's not just a hobby, you might actually stick with it and be almost "obsessed" with it. Only do it if you really want to because you love playing.

If not, I guess guitar isn't for you and you should find other things you enjoy.

Good luck
Quote by paulvxD
Maybe you're not dedicated and guitar is not for you. I think if you really liked guitar and it's not just a hobby, you might actually stick with it and be almost "obsessed" with it. Only do it if you really want to because you love playing.

If not, I guess guitar isn't for you and you should find other things you enjoy.

Good luck

How the hell did you get "guitar" out of recreational welding?
Quote by paulvxD
Maybe you're not dedicated and welding is not for you. I think if you really liked welding and it's not just a hobby, you might actually stick with it and be almost "obsessed" with it. Only do it if you really want to because you love the smell of welded metal in the morning.

If not, I guess welding isn't for you and you should try something less interesting like, playing guitar.

Good luck

Fixed.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Totally. Our guitar pickups wouldn't function properly without them.

Wait, is welding on par with soldering?

Not really. Soldering is cool, but I wouldn't advise it, it's kind of a "gateway" hobby. You start soldering, small projects, yeah, and then you gotta do more!
Oh ****, I didn't read the whole thread

I assumed he was talking about playing guitar. It said "play" in the original post and this is a guitar forum...
Quote by paulvxD
Oh ****, I didn't read the whole thread

I assumed he was talking about playing guitar. It said "play" in the original post and this is a guitar forum...

Yeah, the big guys in the game call it "playing", but if you hang around welders long enough, you start to pick up their lingo.
Quote by soulflyV
Fixed.

Not really. Soldering is cool, but I wouldn't advise it, it's kind of a "gateway" hobby. You start soldering, small projects, yeah, and then you gotta do more!

I agree. After I soldered some pickups I had to move onto heavier activities, like welding. Now I do underwater welding on boats. It's like moving from pop-punk to black metal.
Jeez you guys have no self control. I solder frequently, almost every day even, and on the weekends me and my friends get together and solder things together. But I'm never tempted to move onto power welding or nailing or any other of the "hard" stuff. Maybe go to WA?
Quote by InvaderTSN
I agree. After I soldered some pickups I had to move onto heavier activities, like welding. Now I do underwater welding on boats. It's like moving from pop-punk to black metal.

Underwater welding....

I had a friend die from that. No-one ever stood up for him on the bus, either. Still, I always weld something like a chair, or just something small on his birthday every year, in his honour. Sometimes, I even wear his welding mask and have pretend conversations with him.
Quote by st.stephen
Jeez you guys have no self control. I solder frequently, almost every day even, and on the weekends me and my friends get together and solder things together. But I'm never tempted to move onto power welding or nailing or any other of the "hard" stuff. Maybe go to WA?

I DON'T HAVE SELF-CONTROL PROBLEMS YOU DO! I'LL KILL YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!

/rage

Quote by soulflyV
Underwater welding....

I had a friend die from that. No-one ever stood up for him on the bus, either. Still, I always weld something like a chair, or just something small on his birthday every year, in his honour. Sometimes, I even wear his welding mask and have pretend conversations with him.

I know all the risks to it and everything and I know I should stop, but I just can't. It's like it has this weird hold over me.

What have I become?!

*breaks down in tears*
Quote by InvaderTSN
I DON'T HAVE SELF-CONTROL PROBLEMS YOU DO! I'LL KILL YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!

/rage

I know all the risks to it and everything and I know I should stop, but I just can't. It's like it has this weird hold over me.

What have I become?!

*breaks down in tears*

Hey, hey, hey. Hey there little guy. It's alright. You'll be alright. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Don't worry, we can help you.
Quote by InvaderTSN

/rage

What have I become?!

*breaks down in tears*

It'll be a while before I weld again.

Curse this infernal thread for bringing back terrible memories I've been trying to repress!

One day, I'll break free of this pain that has been so horribly welded to my heart, and these memories soldered to my conscience!

There is hope.
Quote by st.stephen
Hey, hey, hey. Hey there little guy. It's alright. You'll be alright. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Don't worry, we can help you.

No! *welds to the front of a train*

I told you not to resurect Mr. Rogers
Whats the favoured type of welding here then? MIG? TIG? Oxy-Acetylene?

I prefer MIG personally.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Whats the favoured type of welding here then? MIG? TIG? Oxy-Acetylene?

I prefer MIG personally.

I prefer TIG/MIG hybrid because I'm a badass like that.

Quote by soulflyV
The amount of logic contained in this post hits negative integers.

But you're a welder, so *welder's salute*.

Quote by InvaderTSN
I prefer TIG/MIG hybrid because I'm a badass like that.

*head explodes*
I don't know where low-fidelity facked off to, but he sure isn't anywhere around this thread.