So I am kinda lost on what to do right now. I think I am losing interest in the guitar but I don't want that to happen. I've been getting way to frustrated because I am not learning as fast as I used too and not learning as fast as most people do. All I have been doing lately is trying to learn some songs/riffs... And basically since I haven't been learning anything the last couple months except a few riffs its causing me to like not want to play. I don't know what to do anymore. I am getting a teacher most likely soon and I am going to phone my nearby music store for lessons starting tomorrow. I cant advance by myself anymore.

Every time I end up trying to learn some theory, I shut down get a headache and give up because I can't handle the stress of trying to figure it out. I can't play the speed I should be able play(so my friends say). I wanna improve my improvisational skills, but thats not going to well I've just been messing around with the pentatonics. I've just been in a big rut playing riffs for too long now... what would you guys do if you were me? I need some guidance. I used to pick up the guitar and play all day now its dramatically dropped to almost playing only a few mins a day.

And can anyone here tell me what lessons is usually like the first couple weeks?
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
The lessons will help you greatly.

Just keep playing the songs you know and love, try to learn the song the whole way through perfectly. Then you can spend more time on the fun part of guitar, but then you have to knuckle down and learn some theory for 20-30 mins.

Good luck to you.
well, what i would do, is stop playing, and start listening,

go find your favorite song, (assuming it has a guitar in it) and listen to it, and if you know it, play along, stop worrying about learning, or playing "right", just sit back, and listen to the music, and if youre playing along, think about the fact that, youre now making that music, that your own hands are doing something that inspires you that much, thats what keeps me going, whenever i get frustrated, i just close my eyes, and play simple man, by lynyrd skynyrd, thats the song for me, find yours

oh, and usually, the first lesson begins with the teacher trying to figure out what you "know", both technique wise, and theory wise, but either way, they usually go back to the basics first anyway, to make sure youve learned it the right way,

but yeah man, i hope my advice helps you out, i hate seeing people quit playing, so lemme know how it works for ya,

good luck,
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Quote by Xj2252bX
well, what i would do, is stop playing, and start listening,

go find your favorite song, (assuming it has a guitar in it) and listen to it, and if you know it, play along, stop worrying about learning, or playing "right", just sit back, and listen to the music, and if youre playing along, think about the fact that, youre now making that music, that your own hands are doing something that inspires you that much, thats what keeps me going, whenever i get frustrated, i just close my eyes, and play simple man, by lynyrd skynyrd, thats the song for me, find yours

oh, and usually, the first lesson begins with the teacher trying to figure out what you "know", both technique wise, and theory wise, but either way, they usually go back to the basics first anyway, to make sure youve learned it the right way,

but yeah man, i hope my advice helps you out, i hate seeing people quit playing, so lemme know how it works for ya,

good luck,

Alright thanks man. I usually like to just play songs, its just the theory, scales, chords and speed thats getting to me. Well chords not so much, more theory and learning scales, and trying to play fast...

Hopefully the lessons can help me with all this though.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5