Hey, looking to get a Laney VC30 112 in then next month or so, but with it being a Vintage Classic, I need a pedal for heavier stuff. I currently use a stagg 60w revb combo, on clean channel, with a zoom G2 pedal, (patch 20 with added bass if anyone has it).

I want a range of distorted vsounds from Skid Row up to like BFMV kind of od.

I heard the bad monkey or metal muff was good, what do you reccomend?

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Quote by SugarRush66
I think you should go for something a little higher end if you're going to be putting it through a decent tube amp like the VC. What's your budget, roughly?

+1.

Look at the HT-Dist pedals, around £100. I haven't tried one yet, but It should get the tones you want, although I am unsure with how it'll work with the amp, so try one out.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Hmm, was looking for something more like £40-50. Budget's tight on the amp as it is.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Quote by superslash1994
Hmm, was looking for something more like £40-50. Budget's tight on the amp as it is.

That is quite low.
Not a lot of really good things, but I've tried the Marshall Jackhammer OD, and it sounded ok when I played it, but nothing too special, so try that out and see what its like.

EDIT: Use the OD on the clean channel. The drive + OD = a lot of treble.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
the digitech bad monkey has good reviews
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
My profile clips give a decent example, with my single coil guitar and an EQ pedal I can push it into the Brown Sound, and if I had say an EMG-equipped guitar i'm sure Slayer tones would be easily achievable too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I run a Proco Turbo Rat through the clean channel on my VC30 and I can get a nice variety of tones from it. I'm sure you could pick on up on ebay for around £35
Quote by Jeff_Vader
I run a Proco Turbo Rat through the clean channel on my VC30 and I can get a nice variety of tones from it. I'm sure you could pick on up on ebay for around £35

Couldn't agree more, you cant get better value for money than a Proco Rat!