I'm really looking forward to buying a Dean Razorback.

But which one to buy?

I played this in a local guitar shop yesterday and liked it
Link

But originally i was looking at this online;
Link

I know the main difference is the OFR or fixed bridge. But other than that? Any difference?

I've always been **** with whammy bars, dive bombing e.t.c... So i suppose lack of an OFR is fine for me.

What should i go for UG?

I can get that first one (fixed bridge) for around £430 in the shop.
Well the difference is going to be 300+ pounds...do you think that the extra OFR (that you may not use too much) is going to be worth that?
crazy talking animals
my opinion...............

neither, dean's are awesome guitars but are big and annoying

plus they are so cliche dimebag.......

my opinion but neways your choice
Not too big and anoying for me. Like the man himself, i'm quite big (6ft1 and well built) so it suits me pretty well.

So the only difference is the OFR? There is a different pickup i think, but i'm not sure.

An OFR only costs around £150, £50 to install maybe.
Quote by Edgey_15
Not too big and anoying for me. Like the man himself, i'm quite big (6ft1 and well built) so it suits me pretty well.

So the only difference is the OFR? There is a different pickup i think, but i'm not sure.

An OFR only costs around £150, £50 to install maybe.

Well if there is a difference in pickups, that generally affects the sound and price of the guitar quite a bit. And the extra OFR...I can see that adding up to be a 300 pound difference, but in the end you're going to have to decide if the pickups (find out what they are in both models) and trem are worth it.

Also I personally dislike the Razorback the most out of all Dean guitars.
crazy talking animals
FYI, that isn't an OFR on the guitar. It's just yet another cheap LFR. And for that reason I recommend the trem-less version... that is if you have to choose from one of those.
Brilliant guitars i would go for the one with the OFR as if you want to get one in the future it's gonna be a hassle to install.

Personally i would go with the OFR instead of the fixed bridge.

EDIT: Just found out it is a LFR but still go for the FR.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Jul 4, 2008,