I plan to change my Pacifica into a idea I thought of, a strato V. It's where you take the same wood as your main style of guitar (Strat), and you add half of the body of the V to the strat. It looks kinda weird. I've already gotten most of my blueprints for most of the drillings and cuttings.

I just want some opinions on this. I know I can do it with alot of time and patience. It'll still be a "Pacifica", but with a kick.

I also plan on changing the humbucker to a Gibson PAF, and wiring like Ed did, directly to the volume knob and taking out the neck and middle pups. I still have to read up some more on pup wiring, but this is why I asked for your opinions and comments. Even though I've pretty much got it down pat, I'm going to wait a while and get everything perfect for it.

Thanks for any help and comments in advance.
something liek this?

oh lawd what have i created?
Rockin' shit
Last edited by jimmyhotpants at Jul 4, 2008,
I would just go for a full on V - It's almost the same amount of work, the only real difference would be changing the control routes, which you could do with a drill, chisel or something as it's covered up by the scratchplate anyway.

(oh, you'd have to make a scratchplate anaw, )
Quote by jimmyhotpants
something liek this?

oh lawd what have i created?

Lined up properly, that'd actually be a really cool body shape. Might have to fireup photoshop
No, Just the top and bottom. Like a flying with Horns.

Heres a extremely rough scetch of it.

It kinda gives you the idea.
Quote by EddieRhoads

I would build it just like that. That's sexy
Quote by EddieRhoads

Id actually make something more like what jimmyhotpants suggested (ofc shaped properly ). Guess it would look more badass then your idea . Anyways - good luck!

Edit:
Hmm, I dont know if you'll like the idea, but Ive come up with kinda strato-explorer fusion, which might actually look pretty decent .

Thats how I decided I'll make my cheap shitocaster
Last edited by azz1337 at Jul 4, 2008,
Dean do something similar, with the top half of an SG, And it looks no bad, If it was me, i'd sharpen the cutaways a little (ibanez/jackson superstrat style) to make it look a little more dynamic-y.